• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We might be getting lucky again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I'm sure UCF thought they were going to be called up to the Bigs when they won the Fiesta Bowl.  Then they fell off the cliff.

UCF didn't have a Mark Harlan to make sure that didn't happen. They had an O'Liar... who quit on them.

UCF didn't have a Mark Harlan to make sure that didn't happen. They had an O'Liar... who quit on them.

They also lost their big recruiters before the the Fiesta Bowl and did not have talent to replace Bortles and Perriman and JJ and so on.

If everyone stays the core talent has TWO MORE YEARS left... plus we have some great recruiters on staff (and we need to keep them to)... USF may not fall as far off the cliff in 2018 and beyond.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

They also lost their big recruiters before the the Fiesta Bowl and did not have talent to replace Bortles and Perriman and JJ and so on.
If everyone stays the core talent has TWO MORE YEARS left... plus we have some great recruiters on staff (and we need to keep them to)... USF may not fall as far off the cliff in 2018 and beyond.

I hope you're right.  It was funny that UCF finished the 2013 season ranked #10 in the nation and were unranked to begin the 2014 season.  :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

That being said, I think the fever has passed and we are starting a new era.  We are going to be good next year as you all know.  I think I see at least 10 wins on the schedule if we play like we have in the last couple of weeks.  More if we improve in the off season.

That phrase makes me nervous... thanks Holtz

• Upvote 2

I hope you're right.  It was funny that UCF finished the 2013 season ranked #10 in the nation and were unranked to begin the 2014 season.  :roflmao:

Bortles was a once-in-a-generation QB for them.  (See Culpepper. Dante).

When he left, the cupboard was quite bare... and despite that, Holman still pulled off some miracles in 2014 because he had NFL-caliber receivers.

With those players all gone, plus losing the RB, plus the injury wave that hit them, they lost the first few games... then the downward spiral hit them and they basically gave up.