• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Extra Practices

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

We may not be going to conference championships despite dominating our division but we do get to continue to practice. This is something we haven't been able to do in years. It will be good opportunity to give the younger plays more practice time. Not making the championships should give us good bulletin board material for next season and get our boys plenty of motivation in our bowl game. 

• Upvote 2

We may not be going to conference championships despite dominating our division but we do get to continue to practice. This is something we haven't been able to do in years. It will be good opportunity to give the younger plays more practice time. Not making the championships should give us good bulletin board material for next season and get our boys plenty of motivation in our bowl game. 

I think people really underestimate the value of these extra practices.  Yes, they are preparing for the bowl game... but 15 practices would give the coaches a chance to see who could fill gaps for graduating seniors - especially on the OL.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

That many? I didn't know that. Cool! Go Bulls!

I think people really underestimate the value of these extra practices.  Yes, they are preparing for the bowl game... but 15 practices would give the coaches a chance to see who could fill gaps for graduating seniors - especially on the OL.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

amost like an extra spring practice

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If these extra practices are so important then why did they never help us in the past ( in terms of getting to the next level)? Also, since almost everybody gets to a bowl now (8 from our conferences alone), it would seem the extra practices are nothing more than a zero sum game.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I think extra practices help mostly with figuring out next year's roster and line formations Which for us is a good thing.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Interestingly, shortly after we became bowl eligible, the high lifts were delivered back to the practice fields. Pretty sure they're removed once the season starts  Haven't checked this week but I assume they're still there.

If these extra practices are so important then why did they never help us in the past ( in terms of getting to the next level)? Also, since almost everybody gets to a bowl now (8 from our conferences alone), it would seem the extra practices are nothing more than a zero sum game.

This is the reason:

I think extra practices help mostly with figuring out next year's roster and line formations Which for us is a good thing.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This is the reason:

Which is fine but not  necessarily a huge competitive advantage. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

So if we get the st pete bowl(one of the first bowls) do we still get 15 practices?