• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Time for USF to get serious about on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

Yeah, this conversation has always been silly.  There is very little real benefit to renting out RJS.  It is bad for so many reasons.  The problem is that most USF fans simply don't know any better, it is what we are used to, therefore it is a benefit because admitting that it sucks somehow makes us less.

Probably has a lot to do with UCF and what they have.  If UCF played at Rayjay we would be going off about how lame it is that they rent their stadium.

Yes, USF needs a stadium, no it does not have to be amazing in every way, it just has to be "better" than UCF's by whatever measure will appease the fan base.       

But the biggest benefit is financially .... the one that matters the most. When the money is there to build a good one, in a fiscally responsible way, it will be done. So no, USF doesn't NEED a stadium ..... and this has nothing to do with UCF.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

But the biggest benefit is financially .... the one that matters the most. When the money is there to build a good one, in a fiscally responsible way, it will be done. So no, USF doesn't NEED a stadium ..... and this has nothing to do with UCF.

The financial issues rest primarily on the definition of a "GOOD ONE".  This is where is becomes about UCF, gawd forbid if we build an aluminum structure like theirs, or a number of other college stadiums around the country just like Bright house.  I would rather have a tin can that sits 40K+ than to be having this same conversation 10 years from now.

When butts are in seats, no one cares what the stadium is made out of.  When teams are winning, no one cares about what the stadium is made out of.  If UCF did not have an aluminum stadium, I doubt the fan base would care, if they really do anyway.    

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

Slick,

You've been here long to know not to bring logic to this board.  We need, want and expect a new OCS today or everyone should be fired.  I want every sport to go away, just ask part of our fan base with meat on his head.  Ge on board baby or else you're no USF fan!

Go Bulls!

Bout time you came around.  Took you long enough. 

HR Bull, exactly! I think people, alumni included, would be shocked to see the USF campus today. I still here comments about what it looks like and feels like from alumni that haven't been on campus in years. What kind of message can they possibly send?  If alumni don't know what it's like you can't expect JQ Public to have a clue. So, what reason do any of them have to go? NONE. 

When we go to an away game we almost always have to walk ACROSS CAMPUS to get to their stadium. Why would any visiting fan go out to USF?

Spot on - EVERYTHING game attendance related improves with an OCS, it starts feeling like college football.  No matter how hard they try, USF athletics cannot duplicate the game day experience of an OCS at RJS.  Would love to take the kiddos back to campus for a football game.   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,422
  • Days Won:  25

Spot on - EVERYTHING game attendance related improves with an OCS, it starts feeling like college football.  No matter how hard they try, USF athletics cannot duplicate the game day experience of an OCS at RJS.  Would love to take the kiddos back to campus for a football game.   

Just curious, how many TBP/USF alumni have taken their kids out to USF just to show them around? And I'm talking about walking around just to see and show the differences, then and now?

Just curious, how many TBP/USF alumni have taken their kids out to USF just to show them around? And I'm talking about walking around just to see and show the differences, then and now?

Took my daughter on an official visit.  She really liked the campus even though we were almost attacked by ravenous squirrels. I was more impressed than she was I think.  When I was at USF the campus seemed a lot smaller and you walked everywhere.  Now they have shuttle buses that take you around.  Went back and visited my old dorm (Iota) and my wife's dorm (Delta).  They still looked like prison cells.

She also liked U of Tampa campus.  She chose FSU in the end and is really enjoying it there.  Still have one more to go and she just got accepted to Kentucky. 

Took my daughter on an official visit.  She really liked the campus even though we were almost attacked by ravenous squirrels. I was more impressed than she was I think.  When I was at USF the campus seemed a lot smaller and you walked everywhere.  Now they have shuttle buses that take you around.  Went back and visited my old dorm (Iota) and my wife's dorm (Delta).  They still looked like prison cells.

She also liked U of Tampa campus.  She chose FSU in the end and is really enjoying it there.  Still have one more to go and she just got accepted to Kentucky. 

Cmon, we need that second generation alumni.  You should have worked harder!  Very questionable parenting going on there  :)

Just kidding.....kinda...., you must be proud. 

• Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,422
  • Days Won:  25

That's kinda my point. I was talking with an older USF grad at the UCF game. And I quote, "Wow, they have buses to carry the kids around campus, they should do that at USF."

Ours was on campus several times before she chose that other school. BUT, she's still a BULLS football fan.

Cmon, we need that second generation alumni.  You should have worked harder!  Very questionable parenting going on there  :)

Just kidding.....kinda...., you must be proud. 

We live in Atlanta and FSU actually offered her the equivalent of in-state tuition.  Was about $10k per year cheaper to go to FSU than USF. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,403
  • Days Won:  19

Of our athletic budget - USF football (and sometimes our Basketball) are revenue producing sports.

If anything, an OCS and/or Indoor Practice field for football is the way to go...

No more upgrades to deficit producing sports (for now).

• Upvote 1