• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time for USF to get serious about on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

If it's insider knowledge, I don't recommend the approach you've taken with shouting it from the rooftops. A good number of us have been privileged to learn of inside athletics information and have hinted at or stayed completely quiet. Repeatedly mentioning that you have the information will get you removed from future inside communications.

With that said, I appreciate the information! I'm hopeful that what you're saying becomes reality.

I know but its just too tasty to have it all to myself. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

Wow, 2 supposed insiders saying the exact opposite things.

Who to believe.....

More than likely there are elements of truth in both but I suspect painted is on to something.  Where there is smoke there is fire. 

Grothe tweets are an example of smoke IMO:

23283216256_7406b6ba50_b.jpg22680993404_d47129e4a5_b.jpg

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Grothe visits board might be quoting painted.

Does anybody know when our lease ends for Ray Jay? 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The lease wont matter

USF has a condition that it can cancel the lease with 2 years notice without any penalty, which is basically how long it would take to build one.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Just step back for a moment.

why do we need an OCS?

Students dont fill their section now with free tix , transportation, give aways, food.

The Alumni fill the stadiums, they live closer to RayJ than campus

Parking would be worse than UCF, non existent 
Aluminum   erector set at $80M.

.We have premium stadium, seating now. Will never afford equal amenities

Put money in assistant coaches, etc.that will build and keep program at top level, not OCS.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

That is true, I never thought of that.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Just step back for a moment.

why do we need an OCS?

Students dont fill their section now with free tix , transportation, give aways, food.

The Alumni fill the stadiums, they live closer to RayJ than campus

Parking would be worse than UCF, non existent 
Aluminum   erector set at $80M.

.We have premium stadium, seating now. Will never afford equal amenities

Put money in assistant coaches, etc.that will build and keep program at top level, not OCS.

POINT 1

To be fair... I think students would be more likely to go to a OOC than travel for free to RayJay.

Think of it this way.. to get the free transportation, you have to go to the Marshall Center 3 hours before the game, and can only leave the game once a bus is full near close or after the game is over.  It's a long time to commit for very fair weather fans.

Now take the alternative for students who aren't necessarily big fans.  Now they can decide at the last moment that they are free and want to do something, or their friends, social group, etc. invite them, and decide that they only want to be there for a portion of the game for any reason.  Now they can get to the game in 10-15 min, and when they decide to leave, get back to their dorm in 10-15 min and do whatever else they want. (Hopefully the game is exciting and they decide to stay at for the complete game.)

Add to that fans that want to go to the game, but cant go for other reasons such as studying, work (student's are more likely to work at or near campus), etc.  If they are able to get out of it at the last moment, they can easily get to the game. 

POINT 2

As for Alumni living closer to RayJ than campus... I would ask the inevitable... LINK?

I live closer to campus, as do many people I know.  The campus is closer to the Lutz, Temple Terrace, Brandon, New Tampa, Wesley Chapel and the booming areas of S. Pasco.  It's about equidistant from Carrollwood as a whole.  I think it's more centrally located than Ray J.  But again, I have never seen any data saying whether the campus or RayJ is closer to a larger Alumni base.

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

THEY ARE ALREADY PLANNING TO BUILD THE STADIUM AT MOSI. 

The fonts are so large.

14789132.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Without going into detail I can assure there are no conversations about an OCS at USF. 

I know for a FACT there have been and continues to be "conversations" about an OCS at USF.  Harlan and even the HCC commissioners have been talking about it publicly.  Doesn't mean building it is going to happen, but to say there are NO conversations is flat out wrong.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

POINT 1

To be fair... I think students would be more likely to go to a OOC than travel for free to RayJay.

Think of it this way.. to get the free transportation, you have to go to the Marshall Center 3 hours before the game, and can only leave the game once a bus is full near close or after the game is over.  It's a long time to commit for very fair weather fans.

Now take the alternative for students who aren't necessarily big fans.  Now they can decide at the last moment that they are free and want to do something, or their friends, social group, etc. invite them, and decide that they only want to be there for a portion of the game for any reason.  Now they can get to the game in 10-15 min, and when they decide to leave, get back to their dorm in 10-15 min and do whatever else they want. (Hopefully the game is exciting and they decide to stay at for the complete game.)

Add to that fans that want to go to the game, but cant go for other reasons such as studying, work (student's are more likely to work at or near campus), etc.  If they are able to get out of it at the last moment, they can easily get to the game. 

POINT 2

As for Alumni living closer to RayJ than campus... I would ask the inevitable... LINK?

I live closer to campus, as do many people I know.  The campus is closer to the Lutz, Temple Terrace, Brandon, New Tampa, Wesley Chapel and the booming areas of S. Pasco.  It's about equidistant from Carrollwood as a whole.  I think it's more centrally located than Ray J.  But again, I have never seen any data saying whether the campus or RayJ is closer to a larger Alumni base.

The only positive attendance bump an OCS would probably have is with the students ..... and that would also be iffy depending on our record (see student SunDome attendance). I doubt there are many, if any at all, people not going to games because they're not on campus. You've probably have tons, though, who wouldn't have been going to games during our down time if there weren't the creature comforts that RayJay has provided. There are plenty of pluses for an ocs but increased non-student attendance isn't one of them.