• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predict outcome of 2015 Team vs. 2007 Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

I'm sure most of you re-watched the Auburn victory recently, so the 2007 team is fresh in your mind.

What do you think happens if the current team goes up against the 2007 team?

Personally, I think the 2015 team has a better offense, while the 2007 had a better defense. 2015 has a better kicker while 2007 had the better punter.

It would be really close, maybe down to the last play. But I think the better defense wins; 2007 wins the game.

I don't know but I would drop some serious cash to see it.  They would give anyone a run for their money (even each other). 

Unless someone can figure a way to turn the bus into a Delorean I am out of luck.  

Two great teams I am proud to have represent USF and I am so excited because it is just the beginning for one.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

how many players on that 07 team got looks and/or played in the NFL?

Drafted - Terrel McClain, George Selvie, Nate Allen, Mike Jenkins, Trae Williams, Jerome Murphy, Carlton Mitchell

Undrafted but played- Sampson Genus(played, practice squad?, for Green Bay 2011-12), Tyrone McKenzie(bounced around to a couple teams), Jeremiah Warren (played for the Bucs this season)

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

2007 beats 2015, but I think 2016 has a good chance of beating 2007 by a solid margin.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

Drafted - Terrel McClain, George Selvie, Nate Allen, Mike Jenkins, Trae Williams, Jerome Murphy, Carlton Mitchell

Undrafted but played- Sampson Genus(played, practice squad?, for Green Bay 2011-12), Tyrone McKenzie(bounced around to a couple teams), Jeremiah Warren (played for the Bucs this season)

Just for this my vote would go to the 2007 teams, we dont get dicked over by the refs in the game not to be mentioned who knows how that season pans out...but yeah like Raetus says I think next years team has a chance to be pretty good if we keep improving and fill in a few holes.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

2015 team of the last 30 days would beat them

2007 if they played the 2015 team  first 30 days of 2015 season

Look at this. This is a man who cares about USF football. Yeah, he pokes us in the wrong place a lot with his quick posts. But this shows that he cares; he knows the teams. You are a legend (59K+ posts), smazza! Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF 2007 defeats USF 2015 by a score of 24-20 despite three missed field goals by Delbert Alvarado.

This made me lol as well.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

USF 2007 defeats USF 2015 by a score of 24-20 despite three missed field goals by Delbert Alvarado.

Pretty accurate. They would also have to overcome several Jerome Murphy personal fouls.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure most of you re-watched the Auburn victory recently, so the 2007 team is fresh in your mind.

What do you think happens if the current team goes up against the 2007 team?

Personally, I think the 2015 team has a better offense, while the 2007 had a better defense. 2015 has a better kicker while 2007 had the better punter.

It would be really close, maybe down to the last play. But I think the better defense wins; 2007 wins the game.

Are we talking 2007 defensive rules or 2015 defensive rules?  If there is no targeting and you are allowed to hit hard again, I'll take the '07 defense with Wally Burnham to destroy every gap of our read option offense.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I'd still take the 2007 team. I don't think people realize how ridiculously fast that defense was. Yes, this defense is fast, but the 2007 defense was faster and the o-line was still a pretty good blocking line-not to mention Mike Ford basically churned out yardage every time we handed him the ball. Also consider that they faced a higher level of competition. WVU, Cincy, UConn, and Pittsburgh were all much better than Memphis, UConn, Cincy, and Temple were this year. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

2007's kryptonite was smash mouth running games, which is one of 2015's biggest strengths.

Also Grothe wouldve thrown about 4 ints.

Would be veryyy close tho.