• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congratulations to Temple

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

We were the only team in the East to finish undefeated in the East. We DESERVE it. Temple wins it simply because we had to play a ranked Navy team and they got to play Tulane. Only because of a crossover game loss do we find ourselves on the outside looking in. If the crossover game doesn't happen then we are both 1 loss teams and we win the tie breaker. We played Navy, they played Tulane and we beat Temple yet somehow Temple DESERVES it? They may have won the East due to the way the schedule was made up but in no way would I ever agree with someone say that they DESERVE it. We hold the in conference strength of schedule lead and the tie breaker game but those don't matter when you get to play a cupcake team like Tulane to pick up the deciding victory.

We also both played Memphis, they beat them and we didn't.  Congrats to Temple.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,747
  • Content Count:  17,444
  • Days Won:  13

We were the only team in the East to finish undefeated in the East. We DESERVE it. Temple wins it simply because we had to play a ranked Navy team and they got to play Tulane. Only because of a crossover game loss do we find ourselves on the outside looking in. If the crossover game doesn't happen then we are both 1 loss teams and we win the tie breaker. We played Navy, they played Tulane and we beat Temple yet somehow Temple DESERVES it? They may have won the East due to the way the schedule was made up but in no way would I ever agree with someone say that they DESERVE it. We hold the in conference strength of schedule lead and the tie breaker game but those don't matter when you get to play a cupcake team like Tulane to pick up the deciding victory.

thats the way the cookie crumbles, get over it. Some years we benefit from the schedule some years we dont. We should have beat Memphis and have nobody to blame but ourselves.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Houston's going to destroy Temple.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

Congrats to Temple,  but go Coogs.

The conference is ripe for the taking next season.  The team will be plenty hungry and motivated. 

Let's reap some quality recruits and keep building!

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Congratulate them on their board. Not this one. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  7

Congratulate them on their board. Not this one. 

thank you! we have a bunch of apologists on this board. No one from Temple is coming here to see your congratulations but there a lot of Bulls fans seeing their fellow fans just accepting defeat as per usual and saying "we'll get em next year". You know who does that? Teams like the Chicago Cubs. If you don't remain pissed off and feel short changed for this team, who is? Temple?  I don't think so. We played a much better Memphis team. That Memphis team that Temple played was weakened with injury. I will not say Temple DESERVES it. I will say that Temple lucked into it. So good for them for lucking into it. There is no need to take the high road and act like the bigger person when no one from Temple is here.

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Houston if healthy should win this game and represent AAC well in bowl.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

thank you! we have a bunch of apologists on this board. No one from Temple is coming here to see your congratulations but there a lot of Bulls fans seeing their fellow fans just accepting defeat as per usual and saying "we'll get em next year". You know who does that? Teams like the Chicago Cubs. If you don't remain pissed off and feel short changed for this team, who is? Temple?  I don't think so. We played a much better Memphis team. That Memphis team that Temple played was weakened with injury. I will not say Temple DESERVES it. I will say that Temple lucked into it. So good for them for lucking into it. There is no need to take the high road and act like the bigger person when no one from Temple is here.

Whatever makes you feel better. They did what they had to do ...... and this exactly why I love the B12's way of doing things. There is no ambiguity .... or at least there shouldn't be.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not an apologist.  It sucks that we were that close and didn't get there.  We have no one to blame but ourselves.  It's called sportsmanship.  I'm not on their boards, I'm on here and I'm sure there are Temple fans that at least read posts on here.

Edited by Apis Bull
  • Upvote 1