• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2016 Conference Schedule Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

With AAC schedule, we need to cut out the Towson crap.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

We had games scheduled with the gaytors, Mich State, indiana, and one more that escapes me and all have backed out.  they don't want to play us. too much at stake if they lose. i think Wisky was the other that said thanks but no.

ET mentioned Baylor backing out. 

Utah, Middle Tennessee State, FIU also canceled games in Tampa, after we took the road game to them. Michigan State is correct. UF has not canceled on us, we actually kept pushing back our second game in Gainesville, but there has never been a Gator game scheduled in Tampa (Outback Bowls and maybe University of Tampa excluded). Indiana did cancel on us, but they canceled both the home and road game, and they paid us to do it, so that was a good cancel. 

To be fair, we have done the same thing to some other schools, including: Illinois State, Utah State  and Bowling Green (we actually canceled 3 games on them after they played in Tampa). ((double side note, when we beat top 25 Bowling Green, their head coach was Urban Meyer, before his health issues that forced him to retire from coaching)). 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

ET mentioned Baylor backing out. 

Utah, Middle Tennessee State, FIU also canceled games in Tampa, after we took the road game to them. Michigan State is correct. UF has not canceled on us, we actually kept pushing back our second game in Gainesville, but there has never been a Gator game scheduled in Tampa (Outback Bowls and maybe University of Tampa excluded). Indiana did cancel on us, but they canceled both the home and road game, and they paid us to do it, so that was a good cancel. 

To be fair, we have done the same thing to some other schools, including: Illinois State, Utah State  and Bowling Green (we actually canceled 3 games on them after they played in Tampa). ((double side note, when we beat top 25 Bowling Green, their head coach was Urban Meyer, before his health issues that forced him to retire from coaching)). 

The Gators played either New Mexico or New Mexico State there one year in the old sombrero.  I went to that game.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

The Gators played either New Mexico or New Mexico State there one year in the old sombrero.  I went to that game.

Thanks for sharing that, I didn't know that. I didn't consider neutral site games. I don't doubt you. The real point was that UF was never scheduled to play USF anywhere but Gainesville. 

I thought of another one. Eastern Michigan also canceled a home and home with us, it was a weird story, but that is really getting off topic. 

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

For some reason I'm thinking they played UM here .... Could just be the rickety memory kicking in,though 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

For some reason I'm thinking they played UM here .... Could just be the rickety memory kicking in,though 

They did indeed play Miami in Tampa...back in the 1980s. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

From Wikipedia FWIW:

Though the University of Florida is approximately 120 miles north in Gainesville, a strong local alumni base persuaded the Florida Gators football team to play nine regular season games in Tampa Stadium between 1968 and 1989.[28] The Gators have not played a regular season contest in Tampa since a 1990 expansion made Florida Field the largest football facility in the state. However, they have played in three Outback Bowl games in Raymond James Stadium.[29]

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Enough talk about reptiles! :puke: makes me sick. I hope we get that game played and stomp the life out of them.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Dude...I too love my Bulls...but schedule the wedding whenever she wants.  You miss one game, not a huge deal in the big picture.  You potentially screw up the best day of her life for a game--huge deal in the big picture.  Make her the center of it all and trust in luck or fate or whatever that the date will be OK.  Just my two cents from a guy who celebrated his 15 year anniversary this year!...and yes, has TiVoed a game or two during that time in the name of marital bliss.

Oh trust me the wedding comes first. I love USF, but family comes first every time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Time for Willie to help get a Michigan game/games scheduled. This game seems like a natural fit waiting to happen. Both coaches are friends AND Michigan also comes to USF for football camps... 

Make this game happen!! 

• Upvote 1