• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Rivalry games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

As I sit here looking over the rivalry games to be played this weekend, it occurred to me that there are not many true rivalry games in the American yet. Honestly, only USF/UCF is the only true rivalry that the AAC has right now (sorry Civil Conflict). I could see Houston and SMU being built up into something once Chad Morris has SMU built back up, but are there any other rivalry games that this conference could promote? Perhaps Cincy and Memphis or UCONN and Temple? I would like to see Temple play Penn State annually, that game could get interesting over time.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I agree (except for the part about Penn State since we are talking about AAC rivalry) and hope some emerge because those are important. 

It pains me to say this, but UCF really needs to get better soon. That game could be very attractive and would elevate both our programs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

It is a Frankenstein's Monster of a conference that is three years old. I do not see any natural rivalries really forming with the current setup.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

I agree (except for the part about Penn State since we are talking about AAC rivalry) and hope some emerge because those are important. 

It pains me to say this, but UCF really needs to get better soon. That game could be very attractive and would elevate both our programs.

I am OK with UCF being bad for a while :P

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Meh.. I'm good with UCF being in  the basement for a long, long time.  The only reason I would want them to get better is if partnering with them is the only way USF gets to a better conference, or the AAC is promoted.

If either can be done with them still sucking, then F* them and USF can be the sole King of the East

The break up of the Big East took away many of the existing and potential rivalries: Pitt vs. WVU, Louisville vs. Cincinnati.

Such is the dumb state of college football.  

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

Such is the dumb state of college football.  

It is BECAUSE of that state of college football that USF had a spot in the Big East in the first place lol

It is BECAUSE of that state of college football that USF had a spot in the Big East in the first place lol

Haha that is true!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

UCF literally has been saying the same thing about us the last two years.  Perhaps we can't both be good at the same time.  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Texas- Texas A&M

oklahoma - nebraska

kansas- missouri