• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting Love From ABC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The announcers made a similar comment last night. I think was talking more about next year. I think it was Palmer that said something to the effect of us being so young and good that we may be the early favorite next year to be the team outside the P5 to crash the New Year's day bowl party. 

Its all good press. 

Our OLine is a big reason why we have been so dominant. I haven't checked, but don't we lose some starting offensive linemen? I hope their replacements are up to the task, in order to keep the momentum going strong. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

Why can't they refer to us as 'USF'?

I actually like south Florida better

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I actually like south Florida better

As long as we keep winning, they can call us the University of Saucey Fettuccine for all that I care. Keep winning, earn respect, and regardless of whether it's USF or South Florida, they'll know who they're talking about. Some of you guys are way to fixated on this. FSU still is called by Florida State from time-to-time and they've accomplished a million times more than we have -- but, you still know who they're talking about, regardless. Same thing with USC. There are plenty of times where they are called Southern California. It's their name. Just like it's our name. There is nothing to be ashamed about when it comes to the name of our university. If you're a fan or alumnus, then you know why we're named as such. Let UCFers who don't know how to use Google struggle and complain about the name all they want -- when they do, just point out the citronaut and laugh hysterically.

It will be okay. Just do some breathing exercises or something; we'll get through this, I promise.

[edit] This was not directed at you, Yogi, I just used your quote for reference -- probably a poor choice on my part. [/edit]

Edited by Raetus
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I thought this thread might be about the liquor store...that's where I get my love...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

I thought this thread might be about the liquor store...that's where I get my love...

ABC. always being closed

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

I do too.  Reduces the chance of being confused with UCF.

Yep, the Bulls have been called UCF way too many times the last couple of seasons.. from refs to announcers.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I do too.  Reduces the chance of being confused with UCF.

This reminds me of a conversation I seem to have  fairly regularly.

Person I just met: Where did you go to school?

Me: University of South Florida(always my go to unless they know me)

Person: Oh USF, what happened to you guys?

Me: Skip Holtz

Person: Well at least you had that really good QB that went #3 in the draft.

Me: That was UCF.

Person: Oh sorry, but hey Brandon Marshall is still doing good.

Me: UCF again....

Person:Oh....