• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

what is plan b 

after football

Coach UCF

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Being apart of the NFL

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Im more of a MB fan myself MB>MG>BJ

still got my MB jersey, rocking it old school

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

That's great, and I think if he can stay for a 4th year somewhere he will be able to get an NFL pension, but I could be wrong on that.

Go Bulls!

I thought it was five years for some reason-- so I went to check with a search and see it may aactually only be three years now....

The NFL's pension plan covers every eligible player (meaning he played four years in the league) since 1920. That four-year requirement drops to three for players in the league after 1992. Full benefits are available at the age of 55, with a minimum payout of $200 a month for each season played in the NFL.Feb 21, 2007

National Football League

Retirement plan: Pension, 401(k), Annuity
Minimum salary in 2015: $435,000

The NFL’s pension plan is based on credited seasons. Players are fully vested and eligible for benefits once they have three credited seasons in the league, and can begin collecting at 55 years old. A player’s monthly benefit is based on the number of credited seasons they achieve, and the time period of said seasons. Players will receive $660 per credited season every month for the 2015-2017 seasons, and $760 per credited season every month for the 2018-2020 seasons.

The NFL’s 401(k) program, which is otherwise known as the Second Career Savings Plan, offers players a 2:1 match up to $26,000 once players have two credited seasons in the NFL.

The last retirement benefit available to NFL players is an annuity plan. Once players have four credited seasons, the league will contribute $80,000 per credited season from 2014-2017, and $95,000 per credited season from 2018-2020. Players can begin collecting this benefit once they reach 35-years-old.

Full details of the NFL’s retirement plan can be found in the league’s Collective Bargaining Agreement.

SOURCE: http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/which-american-pro-sports-league-has-the-best-retirement-plan.html/?a=viewall