• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who to root for this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

1. USF. We win, we stay alive in the division race. 

2. UConn-they win, we head to the title game vs. Houston or Navy.

3. Marshall-Marshall isn't receiving votes in the AP poll, and their schedule is weak enough that if they dismiss WKU, the Marshall-LA Tech (or Southern Miss) winner in the CUSA championship won't be strong enough to pass us. 

4. The winner of LA Tech and Southern Miss to win the CUSA championship. No way in heck a 3 loss CUSA team passes us as a 4 loss AAC team for the bid.

5. NIU-if they beat Ohio this weekend, then Toledo will not be able to make the conference championship. Bowling Green is in line to make the MAC championship, but they won't get ranked even if they beat NIU. We would face a ranked Houston or Navy, which means we likely would get into the CFP rankings between 20-25. 

The MWC is still in play, but they have too many games left to make a call on who their representative will be. Thus, we worry about them only if we get into the AAC championship and win.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

This sounds kind of crazy but I am going to look at the bright side of Temple winning this weekend.

I know UCF is bad, very bad, but one of the reasons is they have given up on the season.  They have nothing to play for right?

If Temple lost on LAST Saturday we would be facing a highly motivated UCF while our team will be expecting to roll.  To me that is a trap game and I would be nervous throughout.  

At the moment, it does not look like we are going to the AAC CCG so that role of spoiler is diminished for them.  

(fixed to avoid confusion)

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

This sounds kind of crazy but I am going to look at the bright side of Temple winning this weekend.

I know UCF is bad, very bad, but one of the reasons is they have given up on the season.  They have nothing to play for right?

If Temple lost on Saturday we would be facing a highly motivated UCF while our team will be expecting to roll.  To me that is a trap game and I would be nervous throughout.  

At the moment, it does not look like we are going to the AAC CCG so that role of spoiler is diminished for them.  

Our game is on Thursday night..

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If Temple lost on Saturday we would be facing a highly motivated UCF while our team will be expecting to roll.  To me that is a trap game and I would be nervous throughout.  

Only thing I see wrong with your argument is that we play UCF on Thursday, so our outcome against UCF will be decided long before Temple takes the field.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

Only thing I see wrong with your argument is that we play UCF on Thursday, so our outcome against UCF will be decided long before Temple takes the field.  

Right, I was talking about last Saturday vs Memphis.  If they lost that game and we had the inside track, UCF would have something to play for.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

can't speak definitively for him but I assume he means Temple winning last weekend

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Right, I was talking about last Saturday vs Memphis.  If they lost that game and we had the inside track, UCF would have something to play for.

I see, and you must have meant last weekend regarding Temple's win.  

Eh, I'm not really worried about the Kanigits.  We would have something to play for too, and our team is also confident and motivated, which is more than UCF can say.  I don't think that would matter a great deal.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

1. USF. We win, we stay alive in the division race. 

2. UConn-they win, we head to the title game vs. Houston or Navy.

3. Marshall-Marshall isn't receiving votes in the AP poll, and their schedule is weak enough that if they dismiss WKU, the Marshall-LA Tech (or Southern Miss) winner in the CUSA championship won't be strong enough to pass us. 

4. The winner of LA Tech and Southern Miss to win the CUSA championship. No way in heck a 3 loss CUSA team passes us as a 4 loss AAC team for the bid.

5. NIU-if they beat Ohio this weekend, then Toledo will not be able to make the conference championship. Bowling Green is in line to make the MAC championship, but they won't get ranked even if they beat NIU. We would face a ranked Houston or Navy, which means we likely would get into the CFP rankings between 20-25. 

The MWC is still in play, but they have too many games left to make a call on who their representative will be. Thus, we worry about them only if we get into the AAC championship and win.

i cant tell what youre trying to have play out here... There are 4 teams that USF simply cannot pass no matter what happens, and they are Toledo, Houston, Navy, and yes, Memphis (they cannot lose again, because they have a gimmie win vs SMU). Toledo doesnt need to win the MAC to win the berth and neither do the AAC teams. Its highest ranked group of 5 team, not a conference champ. Tell me how to justify 4 loss USF over one loss Toledo? Or even 2 loss Navy or Houston? Or 3 loss Memphis when they won the head to head

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Also we want all the in state schools we are competing with for recruits to lose. Let's make another big impression on these guys, and make them want to be Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

i cant tell what youre trying to have play out here... There are 4 teams that USF simply cannot pass no matter what happens, and they are Toledo, Houston, Navy, and yes, Memphis (they cannot lose again, because they have a gimmie win vs SMU). Toledo doesnt need to win the MAC to win the berth and neither do the AAC teams. Its highest ranked group of 5 team, not a conference champ. Tell me how to justify 4 loss USF over one loss Toledo? Or even 2 loss Navy or Houston? Or 3 loss Memphis when they won the head to head

To qualify for the peach bowl, which is a New Years bowl, you have to be the highest ranked champion of the group of five. If we win the AAC then it doesn't matter where navy, Houston, or Memphis are ranked, only Toledo or other conference champs.

• Upvote 2