• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Fuente - VT

USFbulls24

Pat Forde betting Justin Fuente will be Virginia Tech's next head coach. 

Virginia Tech (9) – Leaving: Frank Beamer. Arriving: The Dash is betting the mortgage on Memphis coach Justin Fuente, and betting that it happens quickly next week. Word is that athletic director Whit Babcock has his man, and has for a while now, and Fuente is that man. He’s done a remarkable job at previously moribund Memphis, going 18-6 over the past two seasons. It’s possible that tumbling dominoes at LSU and points elsewhere (namely Florida State) unspring this, but unlikely. A Fuente hiring would also keep Rich Rodriguez in place at Arizona.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-yard-dash--coaching-carousel-edition-072320394-ncaaf.html

Members do not see this ad, Register

Babcock should be familiar with Fuente, since he was Cinci's prior AD. I'd like for the AAC to hang onto its coaches, so that the conference can continue its streak. With the G5/P5 gap growing larger, I don't think the money is there to keep guys like Fuente, Taggart, Rhule, and Herman around, once they start smelling success.

Babcock should be familiar with Fuente, since he was Cinci's prior AD. I'd like for the AAC to hang onto its coaches, so that the conference can continue its streak. With the G5/P5 gap growing larger, I don't think the money is there to keep guys like Fuente, Taggart, Rhule, and Herman around, once they start smelling success.

I think of all the programs in the AAC, Memphis is the best equipped money wise to do it, though  ...

Did Memphis offer Fuente anything to stay?

Earlier this month, Memphis reportedly offered Fuente a $3 million annual contract to stay at the school. The coach was in the first season of a five-year extension that paid $1.4 million a year with a buyout of $500,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/11/29/virginia-tech-hires-justin-fuente-from-memphis-to-replace-frank-beamer/

Earlier this month, Memphis reportedly offered Fuente a $3 million annual contract to stay at the school. The coach was in the first season of a five-year extension that paid $1.4 million a year with a buyout of $500,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/11/29/virginia-tech-hires-justin-fuente-from-memphis-to-replace-frank-beamer/

Yeah, I thought Memphis had about as deep a pockets as anybody in conference. The VT wasn't for much more was it?