• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

rex culpepper

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

With the firing of the Syracuse coach today, USF might have a chance at Plant QB Rex Culpepper if they make a push. Kid is the real deal and another local QB that I don't think we should let get away. I have a hunch, however, that USF is going to pick up Xavier Gaines out of Lake Wales as our other QB in this class. Any thoughts? Also, Rex's teammate DB Scoop Bradshaw might be up for grabs.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rex-Culpepper-35807

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up Gaines but I've heard enough negative things about him that I'd prefer us go in another direction. Maybe this is an opening, although not sure he fits with the way our system has moved.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  143

Gaines is a bonafied four start I'd take, plus Olakodun.  Culpepper doesn't want to play here, and if he did, he would have committed..

Guest PCBull14

Pass on Rex. Seen them play vs. my naughts in back to back weeks. Chris had the much better game by far.

Gaines would be nice though!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

I have a heard negatives about Gaines, and he has actually LOST his 4th star on some sites. However, I have also heard that there is a good chance he ends up here. On Twitter, lets be honest here the best recruiting source available, he shows a lot of love to USF. If UF doesn't take him, that's what he really wants, he will come here.

Guest PCBull14

Pass on Rex. Seen them play vs. my naughts in back to back weeks. Chris had the much better game by far.

Gaines would be nice though!

Stand corrected Rex didn't play at QB vs. Lakeland. May have made the difference.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

I've heard a lot of bad things about Gaines. He'd need to be ready to sit for a year and grow up some just to be a valuable player on the squad. he's got talent, no doubt, but unless he matures he'll be another talented flame-out. That said, we've got a very mature locker room right now and I doubt they'll put up with any nonsense-if they can do that and he is receptive then he'll be an incredible football player for us.

I would honestly expect us to go after Stephen Calvert from Carol City. Kid is very, very underrated.

We should continue to go after QBs. Just because Flowers has solved our situation this year doesn't mean we can stop, we need to recruit the position well so we never have to have the likes of a Bobby Eveld starting for us again.