• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Video: Tommy Tuberville after USF whipping

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Its not our responsibility to take the foot of the pedal. We did put in most of our 2nd string and they were not able to stop that either.  What would the announcers like us do , Take 3 knees than punt each possession?    Cincy kept fighting as we would expect them to do, Had they threw in the towel and gone to a vanilla offense(3 runs and punt) I suspect Coach T would had done the same.(not like we were running trick plays or piling it on) We only scored 14 points in the 2nd half (after scoring 51 in the first)(so they  should feel lucky we called the dawgs off)  Also When you don't play all out you risk getting injured as well.   Tired of hearing losing teams complain about being blown out. If you don't like being blown out than don't let it happen to you.

I also think, in addition to the good points raised above, that our 2nd team needs quality reps against non-teammates, as QBs are obviously vulnerable to injury, and you want your 2nd & 3rd guys as ready as ever.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Can someone photoshop Tubyville's face onto Bilbo's body? Not the Hobbit Bilbo though, the old Bilbo from the LOTRs movies

• Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Go bulls.... 

I actually thought Cincy played pretty well in the second half. Of course coming back from down 48 points is just not realistic, but Cincy kept fighting, and our backups kept fighting just as hard. 

Going conservative when having the lead will result in losses. Do what works and keep doing it until it doesn't work anymore. 

My only gripe/concern was that their WRs got behind deep on too many plays.  When you know a team is down 4-5 TDs, you know the bombs are coming.  But, at 65-27, you have to work REALLY hard to find a gripe.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Can someone photoshop Tubyville's face onto Bilbo's body? Not the Hobbit Bilbo though, the old Bilbo from the LOTRs movies

tubberville_bilbo.jpg

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

lol that's perfect! After we knock him out of the coaching game maybe he will get a feature roll in Peter Jackson's next hobbit related film.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

You are probably right, I'm not sure, but our win over them in overtime had to contribute to his firing.

do you think we just made it 2?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

do you think we just made it 2?

I wouldn't bet against it.  You never know.  

I haven't gone over to their message boards to see the thinking of their fans and boosters.  They are bowl eligible, and that might be enough for them a this time.