• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Video: Tommy Tuberville after USF whipping

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Never thought I'd feel bad for Tuberville, but that was kinda painful to watch. At least he owned up to it and didn't try to make excuses like some do -- props for that.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2nd coach in a row to say they didn't play as they've been & should.

That stops being a coincidence...and becomes obvious that a higher energy, better prepared team MADE you not play like who you think you are.

After seeing Tuberville's quick handshake with Taggart, I can't feel bad for him.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

He thinks "momentum" is what caused the A whooping....momentum gives you and extra td maybe 2 here or there. Not 48 points. We manhandled them, if he's blind to that he's not gonna be coaching there much longer.

Edited by BULLZ

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

2nd coach in a row to say they didn't play as they've been & should.

That stops being a coincidence...and becomes obvious that a higher energy, better prepared team MADE you not play like who you think you are.

After seeing Tuberville's quick handshake with Taggart, I can't feel bad for him.

I had noticed that as well.  If it is because they had Bench throw the ball for the last TD, he needs to realize the situation - a senior backup in his last home game having a chance to throw a TD.  I don't think it was Taggart piling on - rather giving Bench a shot and doing what he did, getting a TD throw.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

I had noticed that as well.  If it is because they had Bench throw the ball for the last TD, he needs to realize the situation - a senior backup in his last home game having a chance to throw a TD.  I don't think it was Taggart piling on - rather giving Bench a shot and doing what he did, getting a TD throw.

The announcers for CBS (who I like) thought it was piling on to go for it on 4th down.  

I totally disagree.   Cinci had their starters in and were trying to come back and they are a team that is capable of that.   I found myself squirming a little at the end of the third. 

We had our 2nd team in and ran it every play down the field and they were unable to stop us.  That last pass play was reward for their efforts - especially Bench.

It is not like we were slinging passes and trying to run up the score.   

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Exactly. Bench has been a great teammate and deserved to be rewarded for his contributions the last few years. The Cincinnati starters not being able to stop our second team offense is on them not us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

he said they had a lot of young players, but that wasn't an excuse....don't we have a lot of young players?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

he said they had a lot of young players, but that wasn't an excuse....don't we have a lot of young players?

Yes, we do

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Weren't the Bulls that had one of the youngest teams , player wise , overall last year ?  At least that is what I heard announcers say a few times last year . 

Edited by mellobull