• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Respect not yet earned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN announcers on the Memphis game gave USF a shout out for our beatdown we delivered last night

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,988
  • Days Won:  38

ESPN announcers on the Memphis game gave USF a shout out for our beatdown we delivered last night

Yeah this is basically an advertisement for USF.  Memphis needs to stop blowing it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Although I like Herbstreit he has never believed we were for real. Even when we were on our run in 2007 he laughed at us and thought when we won we were a fluke each week. 

I did like the announcers last night  they have done several of our games and throughout the season they kept saying we were a team to be reckoned with.  Chavous has seen our development all year  i trust his judgement more than Herbstreit who probably just looks at the preseason ranking and then the box scores and a few highlights each week  

That's pretty much what he does.... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Temple laid an egg...

Cincy had a letdown...

UCF is just going to get a whipping! Ha! Ha!

that's fine.  Play to win.  Don't worry v about haters.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

You guys are so sensitive.

They talked about usf early on gameday and Herbie himself said something along the lines of "Willie Taggart, wow he has really turned that program around".

we sucked for years. Even when we were at our best we choked when it mattered. It is going to take time for ESPN to "respect" Usf 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think some posters are oversensitive when it comes to ESPN's talking heads. If our Bulls take Herbie's comments as a motivating slight that helps them lay a smackdown on the Knights, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  136

ESPN and their "expert" commentators are a joke. Herbstreit is just carrying on the tradition of downplaying lowly commuter school USF as Chris Fowler so famously used to announce us during our one and only Gameday appearance at Army. A game where they all picked USF to lose (we trounced them), failed to put our helmet on the stage, took our mascot head and didn't give it back until halfway through the game-- and then after seeing all this, somebody upstairs must be a Bull fan as he rained down lightning bolts and shut down their production. 

I didn't see the comment attributed to Herbstreit mentioned above being said, but it doesn't shock me either. ESPN at one point in time was worth watching-- now it is hot garbage with fake BS arguments scripted and generally lame fluff pieces scattered throughout the day. When they were good-- they had quality sportscasters who made the shows what they were-- entertaining, Now they attempt to recreate that through forced buffoonery and a myriad of other nonsense.

What I'm trying to say is -- Who cares what ESPN ever has to say about anything? If not for buying out rights of so many live contests, they would be history as nothing other than the actual sports are worth a **** on those channels. Somebody decides what the stories are for the day and they just keep regurgitating them all day long during their endless hours of commentator chit chats. I wouldn't say I am overly sensitive to what they say about USF-- more than I feel it has zero bearing on anything that matters. So if they ever start singing our praises-- who cares.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

ESPN and their "expert" commentators are a joke. Herbstreit is just carrying on the tradition of downplaying lowly commuter school USF as Chris Fowler so famously used to announce us during our one and only Gameday appearance at Army. A game where they all picked USF to lose (we trounced them), failed to put our helmet on the stage, took our mascot head and didn't give it back until halfway through the game-- and then after seeing all this, somebody upstairs must be a Bull fan as he rained down lightning bolts and shut down their production. 

I didn't see the comment attributed to Herbstreit mentioned above being said, but it doesn't shock me either. ESPN at one point in time was worth watching-- now it is hot garbage with fake BS arguments scripted and generally lame fluff pieces scattered throughout the day. When they were good-- they had quality sportscasters who made the shows what they were-- entertaining, Now they attempt to recreate that through forced buffoonery and a myriad of other nonsense.

What I'm trying to say is -- Who cares what ESPN ever has to say about anything? If not for buying out rights of so many live contests, they would be history as nothing other than the actual sports are worth a **** on those channels. Somebody decides what the stories are for the day and they just keep regurgitating them all day long during their endless hours of commentator chit chats. I wouldn't say I am overly sensitive to what they say about USF-- more than I feel it has zero bearing on anything that matters. So if they ever start singing our praises-- who cares.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1604667/slow-clap-o.gif