• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Obligatory attendance thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Crowd didn't seem THAT bad. I'm amazed it was only 19k. The end zone attendance was pretty weak but only 19k?:wtf:

Picture was from halftime

11222468_850111091773624_151013655607183251_n.jpg

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

Edited by mark_my_words

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

I think these two quotes are spot on as far as attendance is concerned. While I think winning will have a positive impact, I just can't see a filled stadium (how many alumni live within two hours of the stadium?) for American Conference teams. It comes down to accepting the fact that you are where you are and this is going to be your competition. There's naught to be gained by pining for membership in some other conference, and we have to accept that guest-appearance-P5 teams are games that will draw in greater numbers. What's the term..acceptance? resignation? that we're looking at what may well be our standard attendance number for years to come. 

I think attendance will improve next season but I think gone are the days of sellouts. We will draw well for FSU but if we can consistently win and aim to draw 40k a game for a few seasons, that's probably our sweet spot. 

and

This is not a USF problem, it is a non-power five problem.

We are not in the Big East anymore.  We have to realize that when you don't have West Virginia, Syracuse, Pitt, and other brand names coming to town, attendance will be low.
It is much more about who you play than how you play.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Attendance always lags behind. It will go up significantly next year. fsu will sell out and we'll average 35-40k the rest of the year if we continue to play like this. The average Joe fan has not come back yet. 

I don't think we'll come close to doubling our attendance from this year. But, just to bring back that discussion, I think that when we build our stadium that something in the 40k range would be sufficient.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

The Gnats had pretty good attendance numbers when they were winning. There's no reason we can't get the fans to return. Right now, it's too soon to ask anything of the fans, not after sucking air for so many years.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

The students showed...I would estimate their attendance at 5k + (pretty good for a campus of only 45k), but that means that the attendance of everyone else actually declined this week.

Well it did not look like that considering I was right next to them.  I thought the showing was pretty poor.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

I think attendance will improve next season but I think gone are the days of sellouts. We will draw well for FSU but if we can consistently win and aim to draw 40k a game for a few seasons, that's probably our sweet spot. 

Agreed, when an OCS is built one day it should only be built for 40k (option to one day expand) but 40k is a def a nice # to consistently shoot for. 

Edited by Jewbull

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Gnats' attendance:

http://www.ucffootballschedule.com/attendance.php

2014: Avg. 37,978

2013: Avg. 42,084

Edited by TimBulla TAGGART

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301

Gotta have a ranked winning USF team for the casual fans to show. Home side of the stadium looks good. Too bad the TV cameras only show the other side.