• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Obligatory attendance thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

It was an eye opener to me.  The Mrs and I were on the field until after the 2nd time out.  Looking up into the home side stands, from the field, it looked pretty full.  Got to our seats on the other side and looked and it seemed no different than last week's game.  So hopefully the recruits that were there looked up and saw the same thing I did.  And, regarding the recruits, the Bulls Club people made sure there was no interaction between us and them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Screw those that didn't show up.  I was there and got to see the Bulls play an entertaining as hell game.  I got to see them whoop ass and put up over 550 yards of offense on Cinci.  It was the most fun I've had since well the Temple game.

To those that didn't show up...your loss not mine.  Maybe those that didn't show would rather go watch a 10-6 Bucs game on Sunday which to me is better than an Ambien.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Terrible. But the people that are going right now are pumped and full of excitement.

I know at least one fraternity had a social..... I'm not even going to say who.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Considering the last few years the attendance was not that bad Esp in the student section and the home side. 

Attendance is a problem other places as well. Is being reported that Miami had a cpl hundred people maybe a  thousand(if being generous here) for their game today vs Ga Tech.( Far less than we had).  ESPN didn't even post the attendance in the box score.( ESPN protecting its interest).  Maybe someone from the trib cab get the announced and actual attendance for the game for those of us who would like to know. The pics from the game are hideous.      MD also had a terrible showing as well, so bad they put the seniors parents in the student section along with Huge MD flags to hide the empty seats.

I hear a lot complaining here about our attendance while watching the game on TV.  You do realize that if your watching on TV you are part of the problem correct?  Want to do something, buy tickets and show up, stop complaining.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

Screw those that didn't show up.  I was there and got to see the Bulls play an entertaining as hell game.  I got to see them whoop ass and put up over 550 yards of offense on Cinci.  It was the most fun I've had since well the Temple game.

To those that didn't show up...your loss not mine.  Maybe those that didn't show would rather go watch a 10-6 Bucs game on Sunday which to me is better than an Ambien.

Terrible. But the people that are going right now are pumped and full of excitement.

These .... Attendance worries and attendance smack(I know because I've been there) are for losers. We are currently not in that category so I don't believe attendance threads ARE obligatory at this time..

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,323
  • Days Won:  43

I'm happy with the close to 20k!! Think we should keep it around there and be happy!!  

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

This is not a USF problem, it is a non-power five problem.

We are not in the Big East anymore.  We have to realize that when you don't have West Virginia, Syracuse, Pitt, and other brand names coming to town, attendance will be low.

Yes, winning helps, but we will not fill Rayjay simply by winning, even if we go undefeated.  

Look at Temple games, Memphis games, Cincy, Houston, often empty or half full stadiums. UCF seemed to have good numbers during the last few years, but even with their good seasons, thay rarely sold out.

It is much more about who you play than how you play.

What is funny is look at WVU, Syracuse and Pitt these days.  They are all horrible in their new conferences.  Just pathetic.  They are the new whipping boys of their new conferences.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

What is funny is look at WVU, Syracuse and Pitt these days.  They are all horrible in their new conferences.  Just pathetic.  They are the new whipping boys of their new conferences.

TCU

Is doing amazing

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Here's my theory:

We had 2 losing seasons in our history before the great Skip collapse of '11. That started 4 STRAIGHT seasons of losing, and losing badly. USF for the first time became known as a losing team locally, instead of a winning upstart. And as we all know, Tampa fans hate a loser and are the flakiest fans of all time. 

Comparing now to 07 attendance is not an even arguement as the 07 team was coming in on the back of a strong 06 and the program as a whole had a reputation as a new team who could beat any team on any day. So fans were ready to get on-board when the 07 season started rolling. 

I think attendance will improve next season but I think gone are the days of sellouts. We will draw well for FSU but if we can consistently win and aim to draw 40k a game for a few seasons, that's probably our sweet spot. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,323
  • Days Won:  43

Here's my theory:

We had 2 losing seasons in our history before the great Skip collapse of '11. That started 4 STRAIGHT seasons of losing, and losing badly. USF for the first time became known as a losing team locally, instead of a winning upstart. And as we all know, Tampa fans hate a loser and are the flakiest fans of all time. 

Comparing now to 07 attendance is not an even arguement as the 07 team was coming in on the back of a strong 06 and the program as a whole had a reputation as a new team who could beat any team on any day. So fans were ready to get on-board when the 07 season started rolling. 

I think attendance will improve next season but I think gone are the days of sellouts. We will draw well for FSU but if we can consistently win and aim to draw 40k a game for a few seasons, that's probably our sweet spot. 

We all just need to reproduce more and teach our kids to grow up to be USF Bulls!!