• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One freakin penalty?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

This year USF has had 66 penalties

Lowest in team history is 74 in 2010

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

This year USF has had 66 penalties

Lowest in team history is 74 in 2010

Does that include bowl game also?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Paying dividends for sure. Good post.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Does that include bowl game also?

Yes

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

We have definitely improved on this stat as the year has progressed.  Currently we are tied for 60th in fewest penalties per game and total number of penalties, tied for 79th for fewest total penalty yards and tied for 75th for fewest penalty yards per game.

Source: NCAA Stats through games of 11/21

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

I realize only one penalty is incredible but I would guess it happens very infrequently for any team.

No need to drag poor old coach Leavitt into this.

I mean-- the guy tried to slap the team into shape but some guys just won't listen.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Did you guys notice when we got called for targeting and after replay review it was ruled "not targeting"?  Every time I've ever seen the officials reverse the targeting call, the Personal Foul part is always upheld they just dont eject the guy.  In our case they over ruled the Targeting, somehow negated the personal foul, and ruled the play just an incomplete pass.  Strange, but I'll take it!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Did you guys notice when we got called for targeting and after replay review it was ruled "not targeting"?  Every time I've ever seen the officials reverse the targeting call, the Personal Foul part is always upheld they just dont eject the guy.  In our case they over ruled the Targeting, somehow negated the personal foul, and ruled the play just an incomplete pass.  Strange, but I'll take it!

The targeting seems to be geared towards head shots. The rationale the ref gave is that the hit was on the shoulder, so therefore it wasn't targeting. I think most people would agree that it was simply a hard hit and a clean football play.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The personal foul in that case was for targeting, nothing else.  So, if there is no targeting, there is no personal foul.

Then there are calls for a personal foul w/ targeting, i.e. a late hit, hit out of bounds.  In those cases, even if the targeting is overturned the personal foul is not.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

The targeting seems to be geared towards head shots. The rationale the ref gave is that the hit was on the shoulder, so therefore it wasn't targeting. I think most people would agree that it was simply a hard hit and a clean football play.

Of course I know that.  My point is the Personal Foul was also over ruled by the booth which I understand is not a reviewable penalty