• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2016 Skill Position Depth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We have no seniors within our QBs, RBs, or WRs.  We lose Pope and Price at TE, but that's it.  Add Woulard to the QB mix and our skill positions should be pretty strong and deep.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

BEAT CINCY

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

YES!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

We have no seniors within our QBs, RBs, or WRs.  We lose Pope and Price at TE, but that's it.  Add Woulard to the QB mix and our skill positions should be pretty strong and deep.

Right, but how will we be at OL?  I know you are specifically speaking of skill positions but I am seeing really good line play and I would like it to continue. On both sides of the ball.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Right, but how will we be at OL?  I know you are specifically speaking of skill positions but I am seeing really good line play and I would like it to continue. On both sides of the ball.

We lose Gudmundsson, Djulbegovic, and Jozwiak.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

We lose Gudmundsson, Djulbegovic, and Jozwiak.

Do we know who their replacements are going to be?  Any word on if they are any good?

See also:

Offense:

OL -- Thor, Mak, and Brynjar... but we have some good backups who could do well.  We have been lucky that our starting five have been injury free all year.

TE -- Price and Pope are leaving... Dillon will be a stud... but I don't know the other TEs on the roster.

WRs -- All return.

RBs -- All return.

QBs -- We lose Bench but get Woulard eligible.

Defense:

DL -- Hamilton, Lee, Hill, and Bullock ...not sure about Awoleke...  we still have Senat, Hector, Mike Love, Vincent Jackson, and Kevin Bronson coming back. Not sure if Calloway will return or not...

LB -- Whitehurst & CJ Garye are the only seniors... so we get Auggie, Harris but we also get Cecil Cherry as a transfer...

DB -- Byrd is the only one we lose... and we get Hassan Childs back next year...

Special Teams:

P -- Ciabatti ... and he will be missed... and I don't know anything about the other two punters on our roster

PK -- Michael Hill ... but Nadelman comes back...

--------------

We have A LOT of talent coming back next year... and, you'll like this... most of the offense will return for 2017 (we only lose Adams, Amichia, & Threatt).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Do we know who their replacements are going to be?  Any word on if they are any good?

My guess is Ruff at center, Hall at LG and Gibbons at RT.  All 300lbs and up.  Last year we lost 3 and replaced them with Amichia, Mak and Threatt and it turned out okay.  I think we'll be fine next year on the OL.  It will take some time to jell and that's why the bowl practices are so important.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

My guess is Ruff at center, Hall at LG and Gibbons at RT.  All 300lbs and up.  Last year we lost 3 and replaced them with Amichia, Mak and Threatt and it turned out okay.  I think we'll be fine next year on the OL.  It will take some time to jell and that's why the bowl practices are so important.

Galatti is the backup center now and pretty sure he'll be over 300 by next year, at least that's what I got talking to his dad.