• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Reps Tonight?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

Let's be loud and proud.  Assume theire will be some bowl reps in the house.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Let's be loud and proud.  Assume theire will be some bowl reps in the house.

I think that was mostly done in the 1980's before they were able to watch every game on TV...

from ESPN article.

The 13-member selection committee will not only provide the final Top 25 rankings, but will determine which teams go to which New Year's Six bowls that do not have conference tie-ins. In other words, you'll see fewer bowl reps on campus wearing tacky blazers because they have no control over who comes to their bowl. That's right: no control over what team plays in their bowl. Nada.

The selection committee will determine who plays where. Another big change: Bowls can no longer skip teams in the rankings to pick a lower-ranked team that travels better. The bowl teams will be selected based on the highest-available ranked team.

Edited by Sellular1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think that was mostly done in the 1980's before they were able to watch every game on TV...

The reps still attend games.  Since most of our available bowls are in Florida it's not that big a deal for them to go to the game.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

The reps still attend games.  Since most of our available bowls are in Florida it's not that big a deal for them to go to the game.

Yeah I see them each year on the sideline.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

LOUD  and  PROUD  

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Plus coming to Florida could be considered a perk for some of those out of state bowls ...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

from ESPN article.

The 13-member selection committee will not only provide the final Top 25 rankings, but will determine which teams go to which New Year's Six bowls that do not have conference tie-ins. In other words, you'll see fewer bowl reps on campus wearing tacky blazers because they have no control over who comes to their bowl. That's right: no control over what team plays in their bowl. Nada.

The selection committee will determine who plays where. Another big change: Bowls can no longer skip teams in the rankings to pick a lower-ranked team that travels better. The bowl teams will be selected based on the highest-available ranked team.

Bumped for edit

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

from ESPN article.

They will be there tonight, Saw a few last week from the Miami Beach Bowl (Blake Guthrie and Padilla) .