• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Golf: BRADLEY SIGNS TWO RISING STARS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

BRADLEY SIGNS TWO RISING STARS

November 16, 2015 
By  USF
By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

TAMPA, NOV. 16, 2015 – USF men’s golf has added more ingredients to the winning formula for 2016-17.

Head coach Steve Bradley has announced incoming freshmen Kyle Flexsenhar and Andre Leveque have signed National Letters of Intent and will compete for the Bulls next season.

“They really fit what we’re trying to do here based on our current dynamics of the team. I think they’re going to come in and blend in well,” Bradley said. “They’re going to work their tails off and they’re going to be proud they’re Bulls. I think they’re just going to get better.”

Learn more about the program’s newest Bulls below:

FOSNSGSPJGLIAIQ.20151116193301.jpg

Flexsenhar is ranked 17th in Junior Golf Scoreboard’s Florida class of 2016 and he’s No. 139 in the Golfweek junior rankings. The Orlando area native helped lead Lake Mary High School to consecutive Class 3A state championship wins and he finished fourth as an individual at the state tournament this year.

Flexsenhar’s Career Highlights: Individual conference champion; helped lead Lake Mary to a fourth straight conference title, along with three consecutive district and regional championships; top-10 finish at Florida Boys Junior Amateur Championship; qualified for 2015 Florida Amateur Chamionship, Florida Open and Amateur Match Play Championship; third-place finish at 2015 FJT Tour Championship; participated in the prestigious Western Junior Championship.

Bradley’s Take: “One of the first things I noticed about Kyle was the way he carried himself on the golf course. Fundamentally, he’s really sound and I think he makes good decisions. I also think his upside is really good. He’s a guy that takes care of business in the classroom, he’s a really good teammate and I expect him to come in here and work hard, and hopefully contribute right away.”

ZGYLETZPAUVZBXN.20151116193317.jpg

Leveque led Lake Highland Prep to region championships in 2013 and 2014. The Windermere, Fla., native has extensive national tournament experience and has shined in the classroom as a two-time AJGA HP Scholastic Honor Roll member and a member of the National Honor Society.

Leveque’s Career Highlights: National tournaments – 2015 Florida State Junior, fifth out of 129 (67-73-74); 2015 Golfweek East Coast Invitational, 12th out of 94 (71-71); Florida State Junior Match Play, round of 16 (74-74); FJT event at Celebration GC, second out of 54 (72-71); 2015 AJGA at Timacuan GC (July), 10th out of 54 (75-71-74); 2015 AJGA at Timacuan GC (January), 10th out of 54 (72-76); FJT Major at Eagle Creek, 12th out of 79 (77-74-71); 2015 St. Augustine Amateur, 32nd out of 77 (72-75-75); 2014 FJT Tour Championship, fifth out of 45 (75-73). High school events – 35 nine-hole average and a 71.5 18-hole average; 2015 Bishop Moore Invitational, co-medalist (70); 2015 TFA Invitational, third (69); 2014 Class 2A state championship, 17th (82-75); 2014 Class 2A state championship, 12th (75-75).

Bradley’s Take: “With some good direction and getting him in a team environment, I really think that’s going to help mold him and develop his skills. He has unlimited potential, so I think the upside for him is really tremendous. He’s a very smart kid that does well in the community. I think he’s really excited about getting here and being around some of the better players.”

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210503110#.VkoxrexNf3w.twitter