• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

So USF is encouraging folks to buy to put in their claim to bowl tickets which I'm fine with but why only the 6 bowls? What if Navy wins the conference won't that open up the Armed Forces Bowl? Small shot but I'd think a better shot than Hawai'i. And what happens if 9 teams in the AAC are bowl eligible? Could happen, UConn needs to beat either Houston or Temple, Tulsa needs to beat either Navy or Tulane and ECU needs to beat both UCF and Cincy. I realize its a long shot but none of those team play each other so mathematically its possible. What if we have 9 bowl eligible teams and only 7 slots? I know that means none of the 6-7 teams can go but could that preclude USF from going to a bowl? Just wonderin'

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

So USF is encouraging folks to buy to put in their claim to bowl tickets which I'm fine with but why only the 6 bowls? What if Navy wins the conference won't that open up the Armed Forces Bowl? Small shot but I'd think a better shot than Hawai'i. And what happens if 9 teams in the AAC are bowl eligible? Could happen, UConn needs to beat either Houston or Temple, Tulsa needs to beat either Navy or Tulane and ECU needs to beat both UCF and Cincy. I realize its a long shot but none of those team play each other so mathematically its possible. What if we have 9 bowl eligible teams and only 7 slots? I know that means none of the 6-7 teams can go but could that preclude USF from going to a bowl? Just wonderin'

No way with 4 Florida Bowls that we will be left out.

Edited by flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

With the Peach bowl 95% going to the AAC we have 8 slots, not 7.

With 4 Florida bowls it's a 100% guarantee USF is going bowling.

They are talking about needing 5-7 teams to fill out all the slots, because there might not be enough eligible teams to fill all the bowls.

So 41 bowls, 80 spots (2 are the plus 1 in the playoffs)

Currently there are 62 teams eligible
31 teams not yet eligible but could become eligible - wins(games remaining)
Akron - 5(2), Arizona State - 5(2), Auburn - 5(2), Buffalo - 5(2), Central Michigan - 5(2), Colorado State - 5(2), Connecticut - 5(2), East Carolina - 4(2), Fla. International - 5(1), Georgia State - 3(3), Illinois - 5(2), Indiana - 4(2), Kansas State - 3(3), Kentucky - 4(2), Louisiana-Lafayette - 4(3), Middle Tennessee - 5(2), Minnesota - 4(2), Missouri - 5(2), Nebraska - 5(1), Old Dominion - 5(2), Rice - 4(2), San Jose State - 4(2), South Alabama - 5(3), Texas - 4(2), Tulsa - 5(2), Utah State - 5(2), UTEP - 4(2), Vanderbilt - 4(2), Virginia Tech - 5(2), Washington - 4(2), West Virginia - 5(3)

Edited by cophbulls

Currently there are 71 teams eligible
18 teams not yet eligible but could become eligible - wins(games remaining)
Buffalo - 5(1),  East Carolina - 5(1), Georgia State - 4(2), Illinois - 5(1), Indiana - 5(1), Kansas State - 4(2), Kentucky - 5(1), Louisiana-Lafayette - 4(2), Minnesota - 5(1), Missouri - 5(1), Nebraska - 5(1), Old Dominion - 5(1), San Jose State - 5(1), South Alabama - 5(2), Texas - 4(2), Tulsa - 5(1), Virginia Tech - 5(1), Washington - 5(1)

There are now 7 bowl eligible teams in the AAC with 2 others (ECU, Tulsa) potentially to become bowl eligible. ECU plays Cincy and Tulsa plays Tulane so the possibility exists that there may be more eligible teams than slots. I did read somewhere that only three of the bowls (Hawaii, St Pete and Birmingham) have to pick from the top 6 AAC bowl eligible. So I'm thinking there is a chance that some team (not us) could be selected for a bowl outside of the bowls the AAC is affiliated with.

One possibility:
Peach/Fiesta  - Navy  (could be someone else but for AAC sake lets hope its Navy)
Birmingham - Houston ( Although they could finish tied for 6th with Cincy they have the tiebreaker in the standings as they beat Cincy)
St Pete - USF (St Pete has the second selection and they had a co-champ last year with UCF, no reason why they would choose anyone else)
Miami - Cincy
Military - UConn
Hawaii - Temple
Boca Raton - East Carolina
Cure - Tulsa

Music City - Memphis

Edited by cophbulls

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

^  What! USF just creamed Cincy and they get to go to the Hawaii Bowl game out in Honolulu and USF gets to drive over to the St. Pete Bowl?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

^  What! USF just creamed Cincy and they get to go to the Hawaii Bowl game out in Honolulu and USF gets to drive over to the St. Pete Bowl?

They'll lose a ton of money going to that bowl.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

St. Pete is fine with me.  If USF goes there, we'll pack the place.  USF's football team will have a great time at whatever bowl they do.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Listen guys, we havent gone bowling in years.  Nothing wrong with St. Pete.  It'll give us a great showing for future reference.