• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Flowers Named to Davey O'Brien List

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Days Won:  6

Think this kid will do out Matt Grothe?

I hate to make comparisons with Matt because I know he is on this board sometimes.  I think it is apples and oranges because the teams are different and the supporting cast is different.

I keep saying Matt was asked to do more and be the playmaker when we needed things to happen. To me he was more dynamic and a much better passer.  I always thought we had a chance when he was in the games.

Flowers is different in a way I can't quite put my finger on.  He does not take the risks Matt did (or was asked to) but is still a gamer.  He gets it done using the people around him more (like that pass to Mack for a TD on Sat when he could have run for a good gain).

For that reason I think it is harder for opposing coaches to just stop Flowers like they did Matt,  

But what the hell do I know?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Matt didn't have the RB support the Flowers does.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I mean they are both BULLS and will be forever appreciated. No one qualifies records in the record book. Records are made to be broken and I hope Quinton destroys those before him. I hope all Bulls feel the same way for any of our future starters. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Flowers’ best escape this season to Taggart came against Temple, but the QB did it with his mind, not his wheels. Flowers noticed something in the defense where the play would’ve run right into the teeth of an Owls run blitz. Instead, he checked to a different running play, a zone read to the left (the pressure was coming from the right) and tailback Marlon Mack broke free for a 57-yard touchdown run.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/usf-bulls-south-florida-willie-taggart-quinton-flowers-marlon-mack-feldman-111615