• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baylor or Bust!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

South Florida 73, Drexel 58

TAMPA, FL — South Florida held on to a small lead through three quarters, then shut down Drexel’s offense over the final seven minutes of the fourth quarter Sunday to advance to the semifinals of the Preseason WNIT.

The 19th-ranked Bulls (2-0) will play Baylor or Southern Miss on Thursday, Nov. 19, while the Dragons (1-1) will play later this week in the consolation round. Baylor and Southern Miss play at Baylor on Monday, Nov. 16.

South Florida led by one point after the first quarter, four points at halftime and seven points after three quarters, with Drexel closing to a four-point deficit (62-58) with 6:59 to go. But the Dragons missed their final 10 shots as South Florida slowly pulled away.

Senior guard Courtney Williams had 26 points, five assists and four rebounds for the Bulls. Alisia Jenkins, the other senior leader for the Bulls, fouled out early in the team’s opening-round win against Jacksonville but responded with 16 points and 21 rebounds. Laura Ferreira added 11 points and nine rebounds.

Drexel was paced by Rachel Pearson and Sarah Curran, who each had 15 points. Alexis Smith added 12 points.

The Dragons hit 10 3-pointers and took care of the ball, committing just eight turnovers. South Florida responded with a rebounding advantage of 47-31 while shooting a solid 46 percent from the field.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I would comment on this, but I see comments are closed.

:lol:

I would comment on this, but I see comments are closed.

:lol:

Ha! Ha!

I was confused when I saw that, but then realized it was from the WNIT article where they didn't allow comments.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

From what I have heard the WBB team is not playing up to expectations so far. Hope they are better before a step up in competition. 

After One Period: Southern Miss 15  - Baylor 14

Live scoring: http://www.baylorbears.com/collegesportslive/?media=514213

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

I think Baylor won by about 40 or so points.  We need to play much better than the 1st two games to have a shot.  For all the talk about the extra practices and playing in Spain, we certainly don't like we are more advanced than the other teams right now.

At least their coach knows who we are. LOL

Mulkey: "We need a good crowd here Thursday"

`
We need a good crowd here Thursday. [South Florida] has 5 returning starters, 9 international players, 

They only lost to UConn by 14, they only lost seven games last year, three of those were to Connecticut – that team is poised right now, they’re polished. 

We need people here Thursday. 

If you have season tickets and they're along that court, give those tickets up if you’re not coming

We need people. It means a great deal. People respect this program. 

We must not become complacent. We need to do whatever we can to have a good crowd Thursday.”

Kim Mulkey, Baylor WBB website, 16 Nov 2015

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Days Won:  7

Feels great to have such obvious respect for our team from the head coach of a team ranked 4th/5th in the country. You can tell it's not the typical rhetoric of an opposing coach but a genuine concern that she might lose if her team doesn't play their absolute best. Wish that was where we were at in men's basketball and football. Beat Baylor!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Big time test early in the season 

• Upvote 1