• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference Perception

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

This season, I believe the AAC is on par with the ACC and maybe even the PAC12.  The key is sustaining it.  We have to keep it up for several seasons to even get a whiff of turning the P5 into the P6.

come on

this is absurd

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

come on

this is absurd

I think he means to say get where the ACC were when they were FBS qualifying conference. Which would be a step up from where we are now.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

You are most likely correct.  However, so many things can and do happen.  It wouldn't shock me to see one or three AAC teams in the top 25 at the end of it all.

bowl season will make more break that prediction, but I completely agree with you 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This season, I believe the AAC is on par with the ACC and maybe even the PAC12.  The key is sustaining it.  We have to keep it up for several seasons to even get a whiff of turning the P5 into the P6.

pretty much sums up my thoughts too

Edited by Skingraft

Houston is #13 in the AP and #14 in the coaches poll.... Navy is #19... Memphis and Temple have dropped out, but are still getting some votes.

Edited by JimUSFSig

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

I doubt #13/14 Houston will fall out of the rankings if they lose to #19 Navy. Conversely I don't see Navy dropping out for losing a road game to a top 13/14 team either. Also Memphis will probably jump back in if they go on the road and beat Temple as they are currently just outside the rankings at 27/29.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

If we win next week, I think we deserve to receive votes. And if we win against UCF as well, we should definitely be ranked. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

0 chance we are ranked this year with 4 losses out of the AAC. Memphis isn't even ranked with 2 losses to the #13/14 team and #19 team and the win over Ole Miss. Also we wouldn't jump from receiving votes to ranked based on beating a winless UCF.

Edited by bullsfan1983
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

You don't think winning 7 of your last 8 would garner any consideration? That's an impressive feat no matter what conference you're in. 

And yes Memphis only has 2 losses, but it's all about the timing of those losses. They've lost 2 in a row and were ranked in the back end of the top 25. Any team that does that gets the boot from the rankings. 

Edited by usfsig