• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Culture Change Continues w/USF Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I'm very pleased that the Bulls sit at 6-4 and are now bowl eligible.  It's been a long time.  CWT and the leadership continues to change the culture of the football program.  This year's team has been defined by getting punched in the face and punching right back, most of the time with two punches.  Indomitable Spirit is alive and well and it's exciting to witness. 

The OL often goes without praise, but this year they have stepped up and are much stronger.  Mack has great vision and has "house" speed.  I witnessed another great RB, Andre Hall, who also had great vision, but did not have great speed.  Mack will not be caught from behind. 

The D has stepped up when it's needed to.  When they pressure the QB good things happen.  The coaching staff has put kids on the field during situation where they can be successful.  When kids make plays the game is fun, fun, fun! 

QF has improved every game and is fearless.  It's fun to watch his maturation.

May we all be mindful that last night was the first win of the season vs. an opponent with a winning record.  There is still  lots of heavy lifting to do to continue the culture change.  CWT's team is winning in October and November this season. 

Thank you USF football for a really fun season where preparation has met execution as the season has worn on.  Three to play (including the bowl) and it will be fun.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I went in the back yard last night, dug a hole, and buried my doubt.  I did put a stone over it, in case I ever need to dig it back up.    

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I never had doubt. We have talent. It was a matter of when not if for me. 

Nicely done Army.  Changing a culture takes time (lots of it).  You could see they were getting closer and closer each week to executing.  Again, a very long way to go with lots of heavy lifting ahead.  The future is bright in Tampa.  Enjoy the rest of the season.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

I'll say it.  I wanted Coach T fired after the Memphis game.  I thought QF was a mistake at qb and I felt like after watching the Bulls flub against Maryland and then they let Memphis off the hook, it was another lost season.  I remember walking into RayJay for the Syracuse game telling my friends that we will lose by 2 touchdowns.  I remember sitting next to some obnoxious Orange fans who were ready to give us the business.  All of a sudden, the Bulls came out and showed everyone that they weren't done.  They've lost once since, in a game they could have won, and they are getting stronger and stronger.  No longer a hater.  Coach T and Coach Allen have brought back excitement to this program.  

They have brought back behaviors that lead to results which creates culture. 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's been a real pleasure to watch this team grow from a group that would fall apart in the face of adversity to a team that fights harder when adversity strikes. This is the most important thing that CWT has done while at USF that will contribute to the program's long term success. We became mentally soft in the aftermath of Slapgate and the Holtz era and it's been a long hard rode back. Culture changes are never easy, major props to CWT for staying the course when many had written it off as coach speak and we're ready to move in a new direction. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

What's most impressive is that when the team gets down some points they always seem to answer they never fold.

Impressive for a young team 

Most people, even those that played the game, can't see culture change.  Behaviors drive results which lead to culture.  Understanding winning and how to reach results take time and is a process.  Good leadership is very, very hard to find. 

Go Bulls!