• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What surprised you the most from Temple game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Biggest surprise? I expected a battle. A real struggle and a close game. 

We just kicked their ass instead!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I think my biggest surprise was at one point we had stretch of 6 consecutive plays and with those 6 plays we scored 4 touchdowns. It was pretty explosive game.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Temple's stud LB Tyler Matakevich was a non-factor, and I've watched him take over games and he's won Defensive POW a few times.  We did an excellent job blocking him all night, and Mack crushed him on his TD catch, and juked him a few times.

I have mad respect for the guy, but if you weren't familiar with his work before the game, his name wouldn't even be brought up.

O-Line is REALLY improving, and gave Mack some nice daylight, and he exploited it.  I LOVE running up the gut for big gains.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The offensive line just physically dominating a very physical Temple front 7. I figured we'd struggle with their front for stretches of the game but our OL just went out there and did grown man things all game long. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I was really surprised by how maturely our corners are playing. Byrd has been a stalwart in that secondary, but the younger players surrounding him are really stepping their game up. Hoggins and Nichols have been fantastic.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How quickly the Willie Taggart and Quinton Flowers' haters disappear. 

Justified criticism makes someone a hater?  CWT's play calling was terrible early in the year.   Flowers passing was terrible all year.  The truth hurts.

Both pulled it all together last night.  It was great to see.  Now we have to see them do it consistently, but at least we've seen it once.  Congrats to them for hanging in.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Oh, and biggest surprise was Flowers being consistently on target with his throws.  If he can keep that up, he can have a very nice college career.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Nadelman was a big surprise to me.  Kid went 3/3 on FG's including a clutch 47 yarder and 5/5 on extra points.  Nice 14 point contribution to the win.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The offensive line just physically dominating a very physical Temple front 7. I figured we'd struggle with their front for stretches of the game but our OL just went out there and did grown man things all game long. 

If I had to pick just one thing (all good choices above), I'd choose this. It was amazing, having seen how they ate some other teams up.

Oh, and another thing--the relative non-factor of Jahad Thomas. Before the game, one article was saying how Mack wasn't even in his league...now what you got?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

If I had to pick just one thing (all good choices above), I'd choose this. It was amazing, having seen how they ate some other teams up.

Oh, and another thing--the relative non-factor of Jahad Thomas. Before the game, one article was saying how Mack wasn't even in his league...now what you got?

BOOM!  Mack Attack !