• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlon Mack was exceptional

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

What are the odds Mack works himself into the heisman conversation before he leaves? Not sure a player outside of a P5  team could win one, but what do you guys think? 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Macks patience in letting blocks develop, decision - making and hole selection, as well as incredible top end speed are rare all together in one package. 

But the number one reason I love watching him run - he's so smooth that it makes it look effortless. Almost graceful. Privileged to watch him perform out there. Another Taggart recruiting gem, flipped him from UCLA I believe. 

Thats what I was thiking. He reads his blocks before they fully develop and is through the hole as it is opening up. Once he gets through, it's like he's on skates. Smooth effortless strides.

I think he was also pretty keen on UL as well as UCLA.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Thats what I was thiking. He reads his blocks before they fully develop and is through the hole as it is opening up. Once he gets through, it's like he's on skates. Smooth effortless strides.

I think he was also pretty keen on UL as well as UCLA.

does anyone remember the story around his commitment? Some 'ville reporter tried to scoop that mack was committing to them. Then we heard he was committing to usf, only to get cold water after his coach said mack wasn't committed anywhere, while usf players were jumping up and down about it. Finally the story came out next day that mack was coming to us. I heard later that the usf staff was with mack during the entire insanity on a home visit where he committed. They must have had a good laugh about that one. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Most explosive running day for a USF back that I have witnessed. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Marlon was electric last night. The two long touchdowns aside, there were several more runs where he **** near broke them, but just got caught before breaking into the open field.

And that 57-yard touchdown, I knew he was gone before he even got past the safeties. Dude has electric, breakaway speed and his acceleration is just as good.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Marlon was electric last night. The two long touchdowns aside, there were several more runs where he **** near broke them, but just got caught before breaking into the open field.

And that 57-yard touchdown, I knew he was gone before he even got past the safeties. Dude has electric, breakaway speed and his acceleration is just as good.

3 yards past the line of scrimmage I had my hands up. For some reason I could see he was gone with 3 potential tacklers still in play. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Warrick Dunn?

I grew up idolizing Warrick Dunn.  Dunn's best attribute was his quickness and cutting ability.  Mack's more of a power/speed guy.  I think the Fred Taylor comparison's pretty spot on.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I grew up idolizing Warrick Dunn.  Dunn's best attribute was his quickness and cutting ability.  Mack's more of a power/speed guy.  I think the Fred Taylor comparison's pretty spot on.  

QF actually runs more like WD than Mack does ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

QF actually runs more like WD than Mack does ...

Absolutely true.