• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rushed the Field

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

rushing the field is fun but you reach a certain age where it is no longer the best idea.

I can't recall if the first time we did it was for a win against Southern Miss (they missed the long field goal try at the end) or Bowling Green (Urban Meyer coached- ranked). For some reason I also thought there was a time we did it after beating Cincinnati in OT on Halloween weekend - but I was taking pics for SFB.com by then. So two hops I remember though Iwas snagged on my second one after twisting my ankle on the landing.

Good times - was on the field taking pictures for the other times and the thrill of being on the field is sort of lost on me anymore.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

It does not bother me as long as the students behave themselves.  Leave the other team alone, do not destroy the property, and do not injure our players or coaches.

That being said, RJS is private property, and rushing the field is trespassing.  The TSA have every right to insist that the police arrest people who rush the field.  I have noticed that TSA has gradually reduced the number of police and security guards as the losses mounted and the number of fans attended the game went down.  This will be a wake up call to the TSA, and I bet they will increase the number of police and security guards for the next home game.

Edited by hightechbull

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Moronic security procedures. Encouraging a safe entry and exit and protecting against any attempts of vandalism would've made an experience no one would have remembered as anything other than great. The TSA is stupid for not expecting this. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,631
  • Days Won:  3

I seem to remember looking at the student section trying to will them into rushing the field, and then after a pause the first student cleared the wall and looked back at the others as though he had been the butt of a cruel joke. But as the masses began to join him on the field I raised my last inch of warm beer to those down on the turf.  For they had delivered to the players our message loud and clear!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

rushing the field is fun but you reach a certain age where it is no longer the best idea.

I can't recall if the first time we did it was for a win against Southern Miss (they missed the long field goal try at the end) or Bowling Green (Urban Meyer coached- ranked). For some reason I also thought there was a time we did it after beating Cincinnati in OT on Halloween weekend - but I was taking pics for SFB.com by then. So two hops I remember though Iwas snagged on my second one after twisting my ankle on the landing.

Good times - was on the field taking pictures for the other times and the thrill of being on the field is sort of lost on me anymore.

There was definitely a field rush against Cincinnati, I remember being on the field that time.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

I never rushed the field, was usually with my pops at these games.  This one IMO not exactly field rush worthy, I can't blame anyone who thought it was and went through with it.  Like others have said, I stood in the stands, and kind of watched on like a proud parent of sorts.  Its was nice to see.  

Any word on the few people who got detained, did charges actually get pressed or just detained? would be pretty lame to charge a couple and let everyone else do their thing

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I never rushed the field, was usually with my pops at these games.  This one IMO not exactly field rush worthy, I can't blame anyone who thought it was and went through with it.  Like others have said, I stood in the stands, and kind of watched on like a proud parent of sorts.  Its was nice to see.  

Any word on the few people who got detained, did charges actually get pressed or just detained? would be pretty lame to charge a couple and let everyone else do their thing

Especially a 12 year old 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

A win against Cincy is extemely important