• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Willie T just saved his job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He's earned a sweet celebration for this one. And I agree, if he did well in recruiting with those tough seasons, what will he be able to do now? :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Mark Harlan has weighed in per Joey Knight's twitter update...

Just asked @MarkHarlanUSF if Taggart formally off hotseat: "I don't know anything about hotseat. He's certainly my coach now and beyond."

Job security EARNED.  This is best for USF.  Still so happy for CWT and the team, gonna be hard to sleep tonight.   

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

Joey Knight is a twit

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

You could tell he was emotional when they interviewed him on tv after the game. Glad to see him starting to become successful here.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

bowl game secured+win vs top 25 team=job secured. Only way Willie is gone is if he leaves us but we will be really good next year

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

Very freaking nice. Now go for the championship and put a hundy on UCF.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'll take 1 ticket for the bus please

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

He was left an empty cupboard and a program that had severed most ties to the local talent base.  I don't think many of us realized how bad things had gotten, especially in the trenches on both lines.  

Coach Taggart has only had two full recruiting classes and they have been improving.  This season will help him close out even better recruits.  He has also shown a willingness to admit.  When he couldn't get the personnel for his power offense, he adapted.  

I don't think Coach Taggart was really on a hot seat unless he took a step backwards.  That was possible early in the season and there are games from then that I think we could win now - Maryland and Memphis leap to mind.  I think we'd play FSU much tougher.  Navy's offense is a real challenge, so not sure there.

Flowers is just a sophomore.  Same for Mack.  This team is fairly young and growing.  I think we've got a chance to be next year's Houston, Memphis, or Navy - stirring up the rankings once again as we did of old.  Except I think Coach Taggart is more of a closer than Coach Leavitt.  I think we begin to see surges to finish the season under Coach Taggart instead of ending the season on a whimper like Coach Leavitt.

USF Football's best days are ahead of us, not behind.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

He was left an empty cupboard and a program that had severed most ties to the local talent base.  I don't think many of us realized how bad things had gotten, especially in the trenches on both lines.  

Coach Taggart has only had two full recruiting classes and they have been improving.  This season will help him close out even better recruits.  He has also shown a willingness to admit.  When he couldn't get the personnel for his power offense, he adapted.  

I don't think Coach Taggart was really on a hot seat unless he took a step backwards.  That was possible early in the season and there are games from then that I think we could win now - Maryland and Memphis leap to mind.  I think we'd play FSU much tougher.  Navy's offense is a real challenge, so not sure there.

Flowers is just a sophomore.  Same for Mack.  This team is fairly young and growing.  I think we've got a chance to be next year's Houston, Memphis, or Navy - stirring up the rankings once again as we did of old.  Except I think Coach Taggart is more of a closer than Coach Leavitt.  I think we begin to see surges to finish the season under Coach Taggart instead of ending the season on a whimper like Coach Leavitt.

USF Football's best days are ahead of us, not behind.

not sure I understand your take on CJL. Our best season-- 2007 -- yes we did have a three game slide after getting to #2 (and I would argue that some of that was the hangover from that jobbing we took against Rutgers).\. But then they won the last three to finish in the top 25 and get to the Sun Bowl. We got blasted in that game-- I agree. But that was hardly a whimper of a finish that year (regular season wise). They are different coaches so you may be right in that he might be able to go further-- and I hope he does. I just don't like people crapping on CJL especially after the way USF treated him at the end of his time here. No one can say he didn't give everything he could to build the football program.

• Upvote 3