• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Falls to Troy in Season Opener

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

That's such a ridiculous loss. I don't care what '5' you pick, that '5' should be able to beat the best '5' Troy can put on the floor. The disparity *should* be that much, particularly when you look at their respective SOS's. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

At the pre-game talk COA told us that they went 11 deep and that we were exceptionally thin because of the injuries.  So it was no surprise, given the foul trouble that we would wear out first. The game plan was to pound them inside but the big guys in foul trouble precluded that.

This is one I thing I've been a little disappointed with COA about. Got used to the basketball head coach giving a little speel in the Club area before all the home games with Stan. Don't get me wrong, I like getting to hear from some other sports' hc's but it would be if, occasionally, our mbb head coach would stop by.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

This is one I thing I've been a little disappointed with COA about. Got used to the basketball head coach giving a little speel in the Club area before all the home games with Stan. Don't get me wrong, I like getting to hear from some other sports' hc's but it would be if, occasionally, our mbb head coach would stop by.

The head coach WAS there for 1st game.  

Edit:  Were you there?  If so, you need to drink a little less - Orlando is much taller than Oliver  :icon_drink:

Edited by Bourbon Bull

The head coach WAS there for 1st game.  

Edit:  Were you there?  If so, you need to drink a little less - Orlando is much taller than Oliver  :icon_drink:

For Troy?? Got there around 7:30 or so. He was there before that? All I saw was the women's soccer coach ...

BTW, are you getting emails with the buffet info on them? I'm 0-2 so far ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

For Troy?? Got there around 7:30 or so. He was there before that? All I saw was the women's soccer coach ...

BTW, are you getting emails with the buffet info on them? I'm 0-2 so far ...

He was there before her.  He may have started just as the WBB game was ending.  And, yes, I have received emails for Hardwood Club food.  Grilled chicken sandwiches, meatballs w/ cranberry glaze and spring rolls tonight.  The email said Oliver will be there tonight.  So we'll see.  Come say Hi since I don't remember what anyone looks like at this stage of my life.

He was there before her.  He may have started just as the WBB game was ending.  And, yes, I have received emails for Hardwood Club food.  Grilled chicken sandwiches, meatballs w/ cranberry glaze and spring rolls tonight.  The email said Oliver will be there tonight.  So we'll see.  Come say Hi since I don't remember what anyone looks like at this stage of my life.

Different Club. I'm still in the Arena Club. Menu I finally received for it was vastly different than yours ..... Yours is a lot more appealing.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

I watched the game... We scored 49 points in the first half. That's A LOT! If we can continue that first half production, we'll be fine. I'm not worried about this team tanking. COA will get it right. 

This is Harlan's first major hire. I know Wollard gets a lot of blame on this board, but his leadership brought us the best season in USF History. He also hired Taggs.

I think the '91-92 Bulls were without a doubt a better squad than the '11-12 Bulls. They just had the unfortunate draw of Alonzo Mourning and the Hoyas for their first round tilt.

To me, that was the best 'balanced' team USF's ever had.

I watched the game... We scored 49 points in the first half. That's A LOT! If we can continue that first half production, we'll be fine. I'm not worried about this team tanking. COA will get it right. 

49 points is a lot. You're right..but losing to Troy State tells me they weren't psychologically prepared (coaching) to beat an inferior team (coaching).

This wasn't losing a game vs a conference opponent. This was losing to a creampuff.