Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
theman123

Ridiculous! USF banning smoking on campus

http://www.tbo.com/news/education/usf-smoking-ban-includes-whole-campus-starting-jan-1-20151112/

To me, this is such a waste of time. USF had a very efficient system, several designated smoking areas which students obeyed for the most part. I graduated in May, and have probably smoked about  10 cigs in my life, but tobacco smoking on USFs campus was not a problem at all to me or anyone I know. 

• Downvote 3

Getting rid of smoking and adding guns is a recipe for disaster ...

LMAO @ Trip

Good. Ban smoking. 

+1 USF

• Upvote 1

Yes.

58633939.jpg

Edited by hightechbull

Good, I hate walking past someone smoking and breathing in second hand smoke.

• Upvote 3

does this include hookah, because that was how I met most of my friends and made it through finals at USF. Really sad if it does.

Considering USF is an institution of HIGHER LEARNING,  this is long over due. Most research shows that Smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths.  The goal of any higher learning institution or healthcare facility needs to practice what they preach while educating the population.   (Glad USF is banning smoking).  We need to educate our youth, lead by example and promote a healthy environment for all who come on campus.

I used to smoke about 30 years ago so understand the want , the need and the  addiction of  Tobacco. However after  I went to Nursing school and  saw what smoking does to people first hand  it made me quit.( spend some years working in Heart, Lung Transplants and saw what damage it causes to the body, not only on the outside but inside as well)(not a pretty picture).    I know some will say its their " right to smoke"  while this is true,  Its also the rights of NON Smokers to not be exposed to 2nd hand smoke. 

• Upvote 2

Considering USF is an institution of HIGHER LEARNING,  this is long over due. Most research shows that Smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths.  The goal of any higher learning institution or healthcare facility needs to practice what they preach while educating the population.   (Glad USF is banning smoking).  We need to educate our youth, lead by example and promote a healthy environment for all who come on campus.

I used to smoke about 30 years ago so understand the want , the need and the  addiction of  Tobacco. However after  I went to Nursing school and  saw what smoking does to people first hand  it made me quit.( spend some years working in Heart, Lung Transplants and saw what damage it causes to the body, not only on the outside but inside as well)(not a pretty picture).    I know some will say its their " right to smoke"  while this is true,  Its also the rights of NON Smokers to not be exposed to 2nd hand smoke. 

Should we also ban hamburgers? Bacon? Milkshakes? I think it is a pretty slippery slope when we say "overwhelming research demonstrates this is not a rational decision for you to make and thus we will ban it." That is certainly more or less the opposite of what I hope higher learning aims to achieve. Certainly stringently enforce smoking outside of designated areas (to alleviate impact to others) and offer open access to information and programs to discourage smoking. But (IMHO) this type of policy is much akin to Willie's view on Ybor City!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Should we also ban hamburgers? Bacon? Milkshakes? I think it is a pretty slippery slope when we say "overwhelming research demonstrates this is not a rational decision for you to make and thus we will ban it." That is certainly more or less the opposite of what I hope higher learning aims to achieve. Certainly stringently enforce smoking outside of designated areas (to alleviate impact to others) and offer open access to information and programs to discourage smoking. But (IMHO) this type of policy is much akin to Willie's view on Ybor City!

We should ban trans fat! oh wait