• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predict Announced Attendance Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I think we get a little more at the game announced 34k 

If we were not so terrible the last 3 plus years we would have a easy  45-50k for this game.

Going to take time getting people back but knocking Temple off would be a great start.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

The reason people fixate on announced versus actual is the sheer amount of "no shows" we've had at USF over the years, especially the past four or five.

As someone who has been to just about every game (except the U Conn game) since 1997... I can tell you it's really strange to see "tonight's attendance is 28,000" when there is clearly a LOT less than that.

The reporters for ECU were tweeting during the game that while ECU announced 47,000 there were at least 10,000 no shows and maybe more.  So it's not just a single beat writer for USF that talks about announced versus actual.

Finally, I will say this, when we consider our "fan base" we need to see the actual and announced numbers... I know that for most games this year, I was the only person attending out of the SIX  season tickets in my group (that is 5 no-shows for almost all of the games!).  If fans who PAID FOR TICKETS can't come to the game or get friends to come, that says something about the status of the program.  When we get back to having 40 or 50 thousand in actual attendance, people will stop caring about it.

The horrible weather was a factor in keeping people away which I assume was part of the reason the ECU beat writers were making note of it ...

And fans PAYING FOR TICKETS IS a lot more important to the status of the program than whether they actually show up ... and it's also more important because that's what is compared with all other potential candidates.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

I think 32,500, the usf machine pushing this game is in full gear and if a regular game at this point is low 20s then an extra 5 to 10000 shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility especially if they can get the student population involved.

When we beat Temple I think the next game will surpass this mark.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Assuming it's not too much trouble to run the student buses this week, 35k.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

33,000 announced

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The reason people fixate on announced versus actual is the sheer amount of "no shows" we've had at USF over the years, especially the past four or five.

As someone who has been to just about every game (except the U Conn game) since 1997... I can tell you it's really strange to see "tonight's attendance is 28,000" when there is clearly a LOT less than that.

The reporters for ECU were tweeting during the game that while ECU announced 47,000 there were at least 10,000 no shows and maybe more.  So it's not just a single beat writer for USF that talks about announced versus actual.

Finally, I will say this, when we consider our "fan base" we need to see the actual and announced numbers... I know that for most games this year, I was the only person attending out of the SIX  season tickets in my group (that is 5 no-shows for almost all of the games!).  If fans who PAID FOR TICKETS can't come to the game or get friends to come, that says something about the status of the program.  When we get back to having 40 or 50 thousand in actual attendance, people will stop caring about it.

I get what you're saying and all, but USF is literally the ONLY FBS program that has actual given as well as announced.  ECU reported 45K or whatever, but there's now way more than 30K were there.  But guess what, no one will ever know, because it isn't given.  It's also been established that every sports franchise in North America fudges announced attendance.  That's why it's important.  Because by talking about, reporting, using, actual attendance, you are giving false data compared to everyone else, by not making an apples to apples comparison.  This makes USF's admittedly weak attendance look far weaker that it is in comparison to EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE UNIVERSE, which uses announced, and ONLY announced.  This is a very important issue.  I refuse to us actual, WHEN EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE UNIVERSE uses announced.  Make an apples to apples comparison.  When EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE UNIVERSE start giving actual attendance, then it's fair game to give, talk about, use, etc. USF's actual attendance.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I'm thinking around 37,500... I get a weird feeling more people will show up than we expect.  

I get what you're saying and all, but USF is literally the ONLY FBS program that has actual given as well as announced.  ECU reported 45K or whatever, but there's now way more than 30K were there.  But guess what, no one will ever know, because it isn't given.  It's also been established that every sports franchise in North America fudges announced attendance.  That's why it's important.  Because by talking about, reporting, using, actual attendance, you are giving false data compared to everyone else, by not making an apples to apples comparison.  This makes USF's admittedly weak attendance look far weaker that it is in comparison to EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE UNIVERSE, which uses announced, and ONLY announced.  This is a very important issue.  I refuse to us actual, WHEN EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE UNIVERSE uses announced.  Make an apples to apples comparison.  When EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE UNIVERSE start giving actual attendance, then it's fair game to give, talk about, use, etc. USF's actual attendance.

First, no one "compares" USF to other schools using that number.  The NCAA uses paid attendance as the official stat for comparisons.

Second, there is a bit of schadenfreude when teams have bad attendance:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/11/6962393/miami-hurricanes-football-attendance-cincinnati

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Jeff Odom retweeted
USF Athletics
3h3 hours ago
USF Athletics ‏@USFAthletics
After the @USFWSOC match on Saturday, there will be a Bull Runner ready to take students down to @RJStadium for the @USFFootball game.

so hopefully the students show?