• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predict Announced Attendance Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

32,000 is the announced and 28,000 in seats.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The stadium holds 41,441.... so anyone saying more than that is way off.

I will say announced crowd will be 26,000... but butts in seats less than 20k.

----------

USF has been so bad for so long, people stopped planning their weekends around USF games... it's a matter of convenience now.  So there are a lot of people who might have gone to this game, if they didn't have other plans.

So I suspect many people here - as well as Harlan and Taggart - will be disappointed in the turnout.

We had 30K announced for our FCS opponent.  Don't see how it's less that that.  Not predicting a huge crowd, but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

We had 30K announced for our FCS opponent.  Don't see how it's less that that.  Not predicting a huge crowd, but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

A lot of those fans were FAMU fans who bought tickets... Temple won't have that many fans.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, don't think we'll start seeing a good bump in attendance again until next year (assuming we finish this year off with a bowl).  

Announced 28K, butts in seats 21-22K (hoping most of that is better student turnout).  Would absolutely love to be drastically wrong on this though. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Driven by an increase in students.  Casual fans will still stay away until going to a Bulls game is seen as a major event in the Tampa sports scene.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  0

23k butts in seats. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

First off, stop feeding the beast perpetrated by our local beat writer and going by so called actual attendance, when literally not one of the other 128 FBS teams goes by actual, they use announced.  With that said, I predict there will be an announced attendance of about 38,000 on Saturday for the largest crowd of the year, a probably the last couple years. 

Valiant try but some still programmed like Pavlov's canine to throw it in there ....

And is the bus situation from campus to the stadium cleared up for this game?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe we announce a major aritst is doing half time? If they can do it in Drumline, we can do it too!

First off, stop feeding the beast perpetrated by our local beat writer and going by so called actual attendance, when literally not one of the other 128 FBS teams goes by actual, they use announced.  With that said, I predict there will be an announced attendance of about 38,000 on Saturday for the largest crowd of the year, a probably the last couple years. 

The reason people fixate on announced versus actual is the sheer amount of "no shows" we've had at USF over the years, especially the past four or five.

As someone who has been to just about every game (except the U Conn game) since 1997... I can tell you it's really strange to see "tonight's attendance is 28,000" when there is clearly a LOT less than that.

The reporters for ECU were tweeting during the game that while ECU announced 47,000 there were at least 10,000 no shows and maybe more.  So it's not just a single beat writer for USF that talks about announced versus actual.

Finally, I will say this, when we consider our "fan base" we need to see the actual and announced numbers... I know that for most games this year, I was the only person attending out of the SIX  season tickets in my group (that is 5 no-shows for almost all of the games!).  If fans who PAID FOR TICKETS can't come to the game or get friends to come, that says something about the status of the program.  When we get back to having 40 or 50 thousand in actual attendance, people will stop caring about it.

• Upvote 1