• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you're Mark Harlan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

See, I don't get this...FAU & UCF built, and they weren't tearing it up.  Smaller venues than we'd like, maybe, but good start.

Yeah and UCF almost had people die due to not enough water fountains and a stadium that couldn't even stand up to the likes of a Texas HS stadium.

Like others have said before, do it and do it right the first time.

I mean come on, now they had to add a beach area inside the stadium?!?!?!? Let's build castles in the sand and watch some football this weekend.

Maybe we should follow J'Ville and put a outdoor pool in our OCS. :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Well at least we are starting to make a list of needed components for our ocs/Ipf. Someone create an executive summary and send it over to Harlan. Please be sure to includ beer, food, water fountains, individualized temperature controlled jacuzzi seats, and what else? Also, don't forget it has to be as big as the cowboy's stadium. I'm sure that won't cost too much, right fellas?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah and UCF almost had people die due to not enough water fountains and a stadium that couldn't even stand up to the likes of a Texas HS stadium.

Like others have said before, do it and do it right the first time.

I mean come on, now they had to add a beach area inside the stadium?!?!?!? Let's build castles in the sand and watch some football this weekend.

Maybe we should follow J'Ville and put a outdoor pool in our OCS. :facepalm:

Don't h8

• Upvote 1

Don't h8

Oh no, don't get me wrong I like th idea.

Hell let's put a freaking wave pool in our OCS when it's built.

Whatever brings the fans out and as long as we win, I could care less but let's be orginal and build something to be proud of and not have to add some "upgrades" like that later.

Well at least we are starting to make a list of needed components for our ocs/Ipf. Someone create an executive summary and send it over to Harlan. Please be sure to includ beer, food, water fountains, individualized temperature controlled jacuzzi seats, and what else? Also, don't forget it has to be as big as the cowboy's stadium. I'm sure that won't cost too much, right fellas?

Can we also have bigger cup holders that I can fit my Iphone 6+ in as well. I hate having to keep it in my pocket the whole game.

Also, maybe thing about serving some cubans.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Oh no, don't get me wrong I like th idea.

Hell let's put a freaking wave pool in our OCS when it's built.

Whatever brings the fans out and as long as we win, I could care less but let's be orginal and build something to be proud of and not have to add some "upgrades" like that later.

A Mechanical Bull above the student section that some hand picked coeds ride each time we score a touchdown.  

A Mechanical Bull above the student section that some hand picked coeds ride each time we score a touchdown.  

Yes, and more yes!

No we are getting somewhere.

Who's got the ledger number for the OCS fundraising monies!?!?!?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I may be in the minority, but I'm ok with a basic stadium like a larger version of FAU's (UCF's is a little too basic).  Make an FAU type stadium with green chairbacks that seats between 45-50K and we're good to go.  Houston's stadium is another one to look at.  Their stadium seats 40K but looks big time on TV with 3 decks.  Can be done for 100-120M.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Apogee Stadium

I may be in the minority, but I'm ok with a basic stadium like a larger version of FAU's (UCF's is a little too basic).  Make an FAU type stadium with green chairbacks that seats between 45-50K and we're good to go.  Houston's stadium is another one to look at.  Their stadium seats 40K but looks big time on TV with 3 decks.  Can be done for 100-120M.

I agree with you and go with a version similar to that of Atlantic's. I mean it does look very nice from overhead and on tv.

They seem to have ran some pretty good numbers going into the whole project and seem to see a financial benefit from making the move to build.

My favorite part is that they have involved the local HS games to be played there as well.

Not a bad idea if HS football in FL continues to play the games in Orlando and Miami. Talk about them going back to home field advantage based on records but I don't see that with costs of traveling.

Would love to see us open an attractive OCS and have some HS championship games or even just playoff games held there as well.

• Upvote 1