• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you're Mark Harlan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He needs to find a way to build hype, but we are not at ocs level success wise. Proposing an Ipf would be cool, but how much would that energize our fans? I think we need to reopen the upper deck of Ray Jay before we start worrying about anything else.

See, I don't get this...FAU & UCF built, and they weren't tearing it up.  Smaller venues than we'd like, maybe, but good start.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

could cigar city afford to sponsor an OCS? I understand preferring it to drink, but this would just be about $$$

hey don't bring the economic realities creating an ocs into my fantasy perfect stadium. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

hey don't bring the economic realities creating an ocs into my fantasy perfect stadium. 

okay, I'm on board then :D 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

yeah, but I'm not sure how much people will open up their wallets after one decent season. And Ipf will cost a pretty penny

It really doesn't have anything to do with success on the field generating the interest in one. It's USF deciding they need one and pushing buttons ... The Muma was in the works before the on court success.

See, I don't get this...FAU & UCF built, and they weren't tearing it up.  Smaller venues than we'd like, maybe, but good start.

yeah I will admit it's kind of a chick/egg type conundrum. Also, we don't want to end up with a UCIF style pos ocs.

if we can get that mosi spot though, i think that I would be inclined to change my mind. I think that spot while not perfect has potential, and could be a great way for our alma mater to make a great first impression.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,944
  • Days Won:  12

Been told they'd try to put an IPF into an OCS. Either attached or something like a retractable roof. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Been told they'd try to put an IPF into an OCS. Either attached or something like a retractable roof. 

like the stadium in Dallas? Could we fit that on campus? :D 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

First, if you wait in line at a gas station to get your sandwich, you're a chump. Second, everyone knows the OCS is being built on Sycamore and Holly.

You gotta love ol' George. Even posthumously he wants us all to eat quality sandwiches.

• Upvote 1

It really doesn't have anything to do with success on the field generating the interest in one. It's USF deciding they need one and pushing buttons ... The Muma was in the works before the on court success.

there is a balancing act though. Finances and vision. We have to have both. If we are going to take on these projects they should be done right. 

Also, are we trying to follow the Miami model? They play off campus, we play off campus. They build an Ipf, we build an Ipf. I think we may need to cut out and blaze our own trail.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

there is a balancing act though. Finances and vision. We have to have both. If we are going to take on these projects they should be done right. 

Also, are we trying to follow the Miami model? They play off campus, we play off campus. They build an Ipf, we build an Ipf. I think we may need to cut out and blaze our own trail.

I vote we win 5 MNC's and then blaze our own trail ...