• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will 6-6 really be enough for a bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just for my obtuseness in this scenario:

Houston finishes the regular season at 11-1 with their only loss (score 28-27) coming to USF in the CCG

USF finishes the season 9-4 winning the AAC CCG

CFP Committee has Houston ranked at #10 and USF ranked #38

The committee would pick USF to represent the G5 in the Access Bowl.

Yes or No (assume no other G5 conference has a team ranked higher than USF)

Am-I-being-obtuse.jpganndddd that's 9,000

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

IMO not going to a bowl because one CANNOT get there is the ONLY acceptable excuse. My opinion.

Agree...again, I was griping about the St. Pete venue but said I would go.  But I would surely prefer South Florida play in a bowl in..South Florida.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

My guess right now would be the "Cure" Bowl vs. whomever in the Sun Belt. 

What would be really nice for that bowl game is if they played the "Disintegration" album during all timeouts and commercial breaks.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

When I go to bowl games, it's about the chance to see USF play... and maybe the chance to visit the city... I could care less who the opponent is.

Now that our bowl games are in awful destinations, then it's really about one last chance to watch USF football.

That's a good take. When we went to road games it was about the opponent and the venue (Gamecocks? yeah. Citadel? no). Same with the bowl games...the city and the venue. However, now that we find ourselves mired in oh-yeah bowldom, personally, the interest just isn't there. Good for USF cause .500 is better than .416. I'll be taking the remote instead of a flight. Just me. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

A bowl seemed so far away at the beginning of the season. I'm psyched we're still able to talk about it, and with a healthy degree of reality!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

A bowl seemed so far away at the beginning of the season. I'm psyched we're still able to talk about it, and with a healthy degree of reality!

Reality? Only a few, the rest of this board is either bi-polar or insane. Never change, Bullspen. I still consider going to the Rinky Dink Pidly Dink Pizza Muffler For the Cure Bowl to be quite the accomplishment for this season. That was my barometer at the start of the season, and it hasn't changed.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

Reality? Only a few, the rest of this board is either bi-polar or insane. Never change, Bullspen. I still consider going to the Rinky Dink Pidly Dink Pizza Muffler For the Cure Bowl to be quite the accomplishment for this season. That was my barometer at the start of the season, and it hasn't changed.

I thought five wins would be pegging the meter, so one more win is overkill. And as for which bowl game, in this conference, it doesn't much matter.