• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will 6-6 really be enough for a bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Would we be ranked if we win out? (not counting the Bowl game)

Personally, I don't think so, but stranger things have happened.  4 losses in the AAC is probably not enough for pollsters to put us in the top 25.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If we somehow went 10-4, including a bowl win, there is a possibility of being ranked.  I don't see it otherwise.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Why skip the St. Pete Bowl, or any bowl game? Are you there to support USF or to watch some other team?

Maybe you didn't read my post close enough.  I HATE the St.Pete venue for a bowl.  Was there v Memphis, and it was like being in a cave.  Having end zone seats didn't help.

But as I said...I'd likely go.  I'm not a local, so if the bowl was on a work night, I might not be able to make it...but I'd try.

Boca is 30 minutes away; Miami is 90.  I'd make those, almost for sure.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Maybe you didn't read my post close enough.  I HATE the St.Pete venue for a bowl.  Was there v Memphis, and it was like being in a cave.  Having end zone seats didn't help.

But as I said...I'd likely go.  I'm not a local, so if the bowl was on a work night, I might not be able to make it...but I'd try.

Boca is 30 minutes away; Miami is 90.  I'd make those, almost for sure.

IMO not going to a bowl because one CANNOT get there is the ONLY acceptable excuse. My opinion.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

what a great conference

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why talk about such things.  The football gods will spite us. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,741
  • Days Won:  3

Seems to me that, being on yon side of the velvet rope, that indeed your opponent would be a draw when talking bowl games. Would we rather play a MAC or MW team...than an ACC or SEC team? If our aspiration is mediocrity (.500 on the season) and 'just making it in', I can see where interest in the game is a determining factor in whether or not you attend. It's one thing to attend your home games...another to actually travel to a meaningless (congratulations on not having a sub .500 season) game against an opponent of little interest.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My aspiration for this week it to make it.  Hopefully, for next week it will be to help our chances at a division title.  Then solidifying our chances and beating UCF.  Next, if all goes well, winning the AAC Championship.  Then if everything falls into place, winning our access bowl.

So, yes, for right now, I just want to make it.

• Upvote 1

Seems to me that, being on yon side of the velvet rope, that indeed your opponent would be a draw when talking bowl games. Would we rather play a MAC or MW team...than an ACC or SEC team? If our aspiration is mediocrity (.500 on the season) and 'just making it in', I can see where interest in the game is a determining factor in whether or not you attend. It's one thing to attend your home games...another to actually travel to a meaningless (congratulations on not having a sub .500 season) game against an opponent of little interest.  

When I go to bowl games, it's about the chance to see USF play... and maybe the chance to visit the city... I could care less who the opponent is.

Now that our bowl games are in awful destinations, then it's really about one last chance to watch USF football.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

My aspiration for this week it to make it.  Hopefully, for next week it will be to help our chances at a division title.  Then solidifying our chances and beating UCF.  Next, if all goes well, winning the AAC Championship.  Then if everything falls into place, winning our access bowl.

So, yes, for right now, I just want to make it.

+1. Our future is the next game, to put it in coach-speak. Looking beyond that is really an exercise in futility.