• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will 6-6 really be enough for a bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Temple went 6-6 last year and they weren't invited to a bowl game. Would that be a possibility for us if we go 6-6?

No. There are more bowls this year. 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

It just feels good looking forward to Temple with Bowl hopes a good possibility!!!! Man these last couple years have sure been a dry season but our team can rise to the occasion & I will be there cheering them on.  I will go to a Bowl no matter who or where!!!   Goooo Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Purely hypothetical, but if we were to win out, and then beat the West Champion in the AAC Championship...

We still wouldn't go to the Fiesta / Peach Bowl, correct?  Doesn't that go to the highest ranked team in the Group of 5?

The only way the AAC doesn't get Fiesta or Peach is if USF wins conference. If we win conf we'd probably face an SEC team in Birmingham. 

Purely hypothetical, but if we were to win out, and then beat the West Champion in the AAC Championship...

We still wouldn't go to the Fiesta / Peach Bowl, correct?  Doesn't that go to the highest ranked team in the Group of 5?

No... it's the highest ranked CHAMPION from the Group of 5.  Right now Boise State, and Western Kentucky are getting votes in the AP and Coaches polls, and Bowling Green has one vote in the Coaches poll... and those three are likely to win their respective conferences.  For USF to make it, we would have to win out & beat Houston in the AAC CG (giving us two wins over Top 25 teams), hope Houston wins the rest of the regular season games, and then hope Boise, WKU, and Bowling Green lose their conference championship games.  With two Top 25 wins, I think USF would stay ahead of San Diego State, LA Tech, and Western Michigan.

Edited by JimUSFSig

The only way the AAC doesn't get Fiesta or Peach is if USF wins conference. If we win conf we'd probably face an SEC team in Birmingham. 

I would bet the Cure Bowl - which is the AAC number two... and let Memphis or Houston go to Birmingham.  Remember, in this case it's about selling tickets... and USF would not outdraw Memphis in B'ham,

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

So assuming we get the Access Bowl, that  means we get three shots against P5 teams. 

As far as USF goes, right now we're tied to go to Miami to play FIU in the Miami Beach bowl per McMurphy. Would be a tough  matchup for me to get to as it's a work day, but I guess we'll see. I'd like to make it if I can.

Schlabach has us going to St. Pete, which would be an easier trip. I'm not picky though. 

As for matchups against the P5, Navy is projected to play in the military bowl against Miami, Cincy or Tulsa is projected against Kentucky in Birmingham, and Houston is slated to go to the Chic-Fil-E bowl in Atlanta or the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix against either Florida or Oklahoma respectively. Personally I'm hoping of the P5 conferences doesn't fill all its slots. The American has had a strong year so it would be nice to get more bowls. We have 8 teams that are or could be realistically bowl eligible (ECU would have to win their final two to make it 9).

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I don't think that's accurate.  I believe it's the highest ranked (by the playoff committee) G5 team that gets access.  I don't think it has anything to do with MUST be a conf champion.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't think that's accurate.  I believe it's the highest ranked (by the playoff committee) G5 team that gets access.  I don't think it has anything to do with MUST be a conf champion.

I believe it's the highest rank G5 champion.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I believe it's the highest rank G5 champion.

Well the AAC didnt have a Championship game last season and there was a 3 way tie for winning the conference and the Sun Belt conference still has no Championship game. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It would be devastating for our conference if we win the championship this year.

WGAS?  I want USF to win a championship.  The state of the AAC is a VERY distant second concern to me.   

• Upvote 2