• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple 3 Point Fav over USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

This game is completely a toss up in my mind. It's whoever has the most fire and makes the fewest mistakes is going to win. Temple has had a very week schedule with an inflated record and if they come out and play like they did against UMass or UCF they will get stomped! Just like if we come out and play like we did against Maryland, we will get stomped. Hopefully that style of play is now a thing of the past!

This overabundance of confidence is built upon wins over UConn and ECU, right? And a 7-point home loss to Memphis?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

This overabundance of confidence is built upon wins over UConn and ECU, right? And a 7-point home loss to Memphis?

How can me saying that the game is a toss up be interpreted as overconfident??

How can me saying that the game is a toss up be interpreted as overconfident??

Fair point - should've addressed the comment prior to yours.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Mine is built on watching Temple play...  Your offense leaves a lot to be desired outside of Thomas. Most here see this as a low scoring affair with one or two plays being they difference. I think if this was an away game you'd see a different attitude here but this team is turning the corner and historically in games like this USF has risen to the occasion. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

This is a completely different team than what Memphis and any team before them saw (just ask the Syracuse coach). I just wish the coaching staff saw the light before the season started! We without a doubt would not have 4 losses right now.

• Upvote 1

Mine is built on watching Temple play...  Your offense leaves a lot to be desired outside of Thomas. Most here see this as a low scoring affair with one or two plays being they difference. I think if this was an away game you'd see a different attitude here but this team is turning the corner and historically in games like this USF has risen to the occasion. 

That's a reasonable assessment from a USF perspective. The Temple counter-argument would be that these are two similar teams with Temple's superior defense (particularly a better run defense), marginally better passing game, more consistent kicker and overall experience being the difference.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

That's a reasonable assessment from a USF perspective. The Temple counter-argument would be that these are two similar teams with Temple's superior defense (particularly a better run defense), marginally better passing game, more consistent kicker and overall experience being the difference.

I think this game ends up something like 13-10 17-14 .Neither offense is anything to write home about and both defenses are aggressive and stingy for the most part. This game just has the feel of the old USF games under CJL where this team just comes together and plays with their hair on fire for 4qtrs and knocks off a ranked favorite. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If Leavitt were here, this would be a guaranteed win.  Let's see how Taggart fares and if he can get them to play with their hair on fire.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not sure I agree with "superior" run defense. It's hard to just go by the rankings. USF has played Navy and Dalvin Cook. Against Common opponents...

ECU - 62 to 95 with USF allowing less

SMU - 132 to 185 (again, USF allowing less)

USF Schedule/Rushing offense rank (no FCS)          Temple Schedule/Rush offense rank

FSU - 50                                                         Penn St - 101

Maryland - 57                                                  Cincy - 43

Memphis - 39                                                  Charlotte - 64

Cuse - 82                                                       Tulane - 122

Conn - 112                                                     UCF - 128

SMU - 78                                                       ECU - 104 

Navy - 3                                                        ND - 19

ECU - 104                                                     SMU - 78

Avg - 65.6                                                     Avg - 82.3

Fortunately, we'll get to test the theory because USF comes in with the second toughest matchup Temple has faced yet (ranked 22). We won't abandon the run (God willing, we won't abandon the pass either), so, we will see first hand if I am completely wrong... it's happened before.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Not sure I agree with "superior" run defense. It's hard to just go by the rankings. USF has played Navy and Dalvin Cook. Against Common opponents...

ECU - 62 to 95 with USF allowing less

SMU - 132 to 185 (again, USF allowing less)

USF Schedule/Rushing offense rank (no FCS)          Temple Schedule/Rush offense rank

FSU - 50                                                         Penn St - 101

Maryland - 57                                                  Cincy - 43

Memphis - 39                                                  Charlotte - 64

Cuse - 82                                                       Tulane - 122

Conn - 112                                                     UCF - 128

SMU - 78                                                       ECU - 104 

Navy - 3                                                        ND - 19

ECU - 104                                                     SMU - 78

Avg - 65.6                                                     Avg - 82.3

Fortunately, we'll get to test the theory because USF comes in with the second toughest matchup Temple has faced yet (ranked 22). We won't abandon the run (God willing, we won't abandon the pass either), so, we will see first hand if I am completely wrong... it's happened before.

isn't umess d1, technically?

The UMass Minutemen football team is a collegiate football team representing the University of Massachusetts in the NCAADivision I Football Bowl Subdivision and the Mid-American Conference (MAC). UMass began play in 1879.

from their wiki