• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad Coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Don't remember calling for his head at all. 95+% of coaches in America go for 2 there. It's okay to point out that we think he made a mistake in that scenario. A mistake that didn't mean anything in the end, but still. 

Link? 

I would LOVE to see where you got those stats!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Link? 

He's always right 80% of the time....

One last thing I would like to throw in there-- with a QB like Flowers and running backs like Mack et al-- I don't think we are fully leveraging the read option that is so clearly our best move on offense. So many times I saw him give the ball to Mack when he was better off pulling the ball back and taking off around the defender who committed to Mack. I hope this part improves as it would make us pretty hard to stop with that type of 1-2 punch running game.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

He's always right 80% of the time....

One last thing I would like to throw in there-- with a QB like Flowers and running backs like Mack et al-- I don't think we are fully leveraging the read option that is so clearly our best move on offense. So many times I saw him give the ball to Mack when he was better off pulling the ball back and taking off around the defender who committed to Mack. I hope this part improves as it would make us pretty hard to stop with that type of 1-2 punch running game.

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Holy **** people, we won the game...in a great position going forward. Can't some of you take a day off?????

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Link? 

http://theredzone.org/Features/TwoPointConversionChart.aspx

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Only reason I can see for going for two is it would eliminate a loss if ECU kicked a field goal and recovered an onside kick and in that case the best they could do is tie it with another field goal and not win it.  Otherwise nice win by the Bulls....Can you say over 500 !!

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Holy **** people, we won the game...in a great position going forward. Can't some of you take a day off?????

It's a message board-- we are hear to talk about the team, game, coaches, and whatever else. If you can't talk about your thoughts regarding a game, what is the point of having the forum at all?

• Upvote 2

Guest PCBull14

I don't want to turn this into a hate on Willie topic, but why didn't he go for 2 when we scored with 4 minutes left in the game?  We were up 4 points.  One point doesn't help you in that situation.  If you go for 2 and make it, then its a 6 point game.  I know it doesn't seem like much, however if ECU scored a TD it would force them to make the extra point, where as a 5 point lead doesn't mean ****.  I thought it was horrible coaching.  If Willie can't decide on this stuff, there is a sheet that every other Coach carries around at all times to know when he should go for 2.  

I'll chalk that up to bad coaching.  Can anyone argue his side on this...logically? 

Logic? You are over thinking everything in your post, you obviously did watch the game. ECU couldn't move the ball dude. They have few good plays and all of sudden we should go for two? Why? They still needed a touchdown to win and like most watching the game knew, ECU was not scoring another touchdown. Allen would makes sure of that. 

Jesus all these arm chair coaches showing up all over the place. Horrible coaching? Ok, keep chalking it up to that, your seat on the bus can be easily filled. 22-17 and shouldn't have been that close. Find it funny 70% of people on here thought this team would be 4-5 after this week. After giving Navy a battle and then beating ECU people still are complaining. You people can't be pleased. Its quite hilarious actually. 

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

According to your response, 95% of the coaches go for 2 when leading by 1 ...

Guest PCBull14

This! Coming to this broad you'd think we lost this game. This is what's wrong with our fan base. We lose people complain, we win people complain even more. Best to just stay away an enjoy the team away from this board. Thought I would come here to celebrate with other passionate bulls fans...nope lol.