• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad Coaching

Didn't bother me. Two points wouldn't had made a difference. ECU would still need a TD, so why give them a chance to get some life by stopping a two point play.

if you want to get on the coaching staff, then I would be more on why we didn't throw more short passes in third quarter when ECU was selling out to stop run.

with that said, if the players would have performed as expected this game should had been a blow out. I'm fine with the coaches last night

THIS.

Coach Taggart called  EIGHT STRAIGHT runs to start the 2nd half... none of which ... NONE of which ... NONE OF WHICH ... gained any yards.

Edited by JimUSFSig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

Taggert's moronic 3rd and goal from the half yard line play call was so **** off-putting. Shotgun with receivers in motion to the point you net an illegal motion penalty?

FAIL, Coach Taggert, FAIL.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

What I was more upset with is the play that wiped the td off the board.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm one to call Coaches out for bad playcalling and moreso bad decision making. To me it was just a decision he made. I didn't bother me either way what he did there. It wasn't an obvious choice so it was fine for me. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

it certainly seemed to bother most of the fans who were t the game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Taggert's moronic 3rd and goal from the half yard line play call was so **** off-putting. Shotgun with receivers in motion to the point you net an illegal motion penalty?

FAIL, Coach Taggert, FAIL.

One, as I said in another thread, you can't just put your QB under center if you run the spread all the time.  Two, it wasn't motion, it was illegal procedure, too many players in the backfield.  Finally, you don't call plays because you're afraid a player might get a penalty.

One, as I said in another thread, you can't just put your QB under center if you run the spread all the time.  Two, it wasn't motion, it was illegal procedure, too many players in the backfield.  Finally, you don't call plays because you're afraid a player might get a penalty.

They motioned Price off the line and into the backfield... if they left Price on the line, the TD would have stood.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, you do when it's 3rd and goal from the half yard line. The opportunity cost of orchestrating an advanced play like that played out for all of us to see. Five yard penalty. 

And if you can't take a snap from under center and pop it over the line, then you have no business accepting a scholarship to a D1 program. Taggart sharted himself calling such an idiotic play.

Edited by keithroby
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It is not a simple 100% of the time you go for 2 there. Here are the possibilities:

2pt good Up by 6, they tie with a td and win with an xp. We then could win by a fg. 

2 pt no good. Up by 4, they win with a td and could be up 2 to 4 depending on xp. Most likely 3 where we could tie by fg.

Regular xp Up by 5, they win with a td and could be up by 1 to 3 points. Depending on xp. Worst case we tie with fg most likely we win by fg.

So basically in any situation 7 pts loses you the lead and by not going for 2 you then give yourself the best chance to win with a fg after.

Basically this. 

Also, almost as important...

Get a TD and point after, gain momentum/deflate ECU since it was a late TD and the D was playing pretty wel.

Get a TD and miss the 2 point conversion, possibly fire up the ECU players and give them some momentum

Add in the rainy field conditions, I was perfectly fine going for 1.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They motioned Price off the line and into the backfield... if they left Price on the line, the TD would have stood.

And if they left him on the line, we may not have scored at all.