• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Evidence Our Offense is Improving

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Current offensive rankings.

73rd in total offense at 391 ypg.  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2

40th in passing efficiency.  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/465

Only 107th in passing yards per game. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/25/p3

38th in yards per completion.  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/741

Currently 23rd in rushing yards per game.  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/23

71st at 28.4 ppg.  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27/p2

I don't know the QBR. However, these are all significantly better than the last 2 years. The biggest thing we are missing is consistency in execution (drops).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I don't know the stats but it did seem like we passed more that game. It just sucks that a lot of those nice passes were dropped. 

...and a couple key ones were interfered with.  Missed calls are part of the game, I suppose, but those would have been game changers.  Coulda woulda shoulda.

Ran 24 times, passed 20. I was referring to Mack, Johnson and Flowers being a "little" banged up.

We ran 44 plays, they ran 78...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400764899

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

With about 70% of your offense playing injured?, maybe. 

I do think that if we had thrown the ball more we would've won the game. I don't know if CWT is comfortable enough, yet, to just open it up and go for it.

I don't think he is ready either.

Is it just me or does it seem as if QF "reads" are "called" reads and not actually read and react as they should be?

I always thought he needed to make better decision on when to pull the ball out of Mack's basket and run with it and wonder if all these are designed "reads" called by CWT.

I don't think he is ready either.

Is it just me or does it seem as if QF "reads" are "called" reads and not actually read and react as they should be?

I always thought he needed to make better decision on when to pull the ball out of Mack's basket and run with it and wonder if all these are designed "reads" called by CWT.

"Missed reads..." CWT has said that a few times. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

...and a couple key ones were interfered with.  Missed calls are part of the game, I suppose, but those would have been game changers.  Coulda woulda shoulda.

I didn't mean in the sense of coulda woulda shoulda. I thought the complaint was CWT did not change the game plan and call enough passing plays. I am suggesting that the plays were indeed called more but completed less. It "felt" as if we did more in the air but maybe that is just because we go no where running. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I didn't mean in the sense of coulda woulda shoulda. I thought the complaint was CWT did not change the game plan and call enough passing plays. I am suggesting that the plays were indeed called more but completed less. It "felt" as if we did more in the air but maybe that is just because we go no where running. 

I know that's not what you meant--it wasn't not really directed at you.  I was bringing up a non-call that would have been a completion.   I guess caught myself complaining about the refs and realized it.  I was just trying to point out that I'm not blaming the loss on the officiating.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I know that's not what you meant--it wasn't not really directed at you.  I was bringing up a non-call that would have been a completion.   I guess caught myself complaining about the refs and realized it.  I was just trying to point out that I'm not blaming the loss on the officiating.

No doubt many things cost us that game. Reffing, Players, Coaching all played their parts. 

No doubt many things cost us that game. Reffing, Players, Coaching all played their parts. 

BINGO! Winner winner chicken dinner!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Execution and play calling  still lacking. However  they are close to really having this offense in gear. You're right it is much more enjoyable watching this team knowing that at least they have a chance to move the ball 

1. Way to many drops and mistakes against Navy.

2. The tight end dropped a perfect pass in the first half that would have put the Bulls up by Two scores.

3. QF going out of bounds short of the first down and stoping a drive. 

3. Mental lapses on D letting Navy convert several long third downs

4. NOT ENOUGH passes on first down

5. Missed FG

they were able to overcome some of these mistakes in other games against lesser opponents However they can't do that against better teams as it will bite them in the Butt just like at Navy and Memphis 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

The Navy game we were not running at full potential.   Injured QB not focused, best running back not utilized correctly.