• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

if cwt comes back for another year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

i thought this and posted it when he was hired

I did the same. I think there is some type of "wink and nod" going on between Allen and the AD...especially if CWT get fired with two years left on his contract.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

No extension this year.  Just my opinion.  We haven't seen enough to warrant it yet.  And even if we bowl it's just one season of .500 ball...that does not equal extension to me.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We did this with CSH. We said he MIGHT be good later and we signed the ext. 

I am not in favor of extending until we are SURE he is the man to lead the program long term and we are not pinning our hopes on divine intervention.

Holtz's teams were getting significantly worse and worse when he was extended.  Taggart's teams are obviously getting better and better.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Holtz's teams were getting significantly worse and worse when he was extended.  Taggart's teams are obviously getting better and better.

That might have equated to an extension to Woolard, but it won't float with Harlan. He's far more savvy, so I'm with NCBull unless the team kicks another gear, gets upsets, and nukes UCF. If they do that, I'd be behind a 2-3yr extension 100%.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

That's not entirely true ... He was 7-5, reg season, in 2010 and 5-7 in 2011, with 5 of those losses being 6 points or less, with a win at Notre Dame thrown in. Not saying that the extension was entirely justified but his teams were not getting "significantly worse and worse" when he was given it.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I will say one thing.  I spoke with one of the players on offense & even he had nothing but praise for Allen.  The team respects him very highly.  He said Allen will not cuss at the players no matter how mad he gets. He said the man always comes to practice on Sunday dressed in his Sunday clothes because he is coming from church.  The dress clothes don't make the man but he is gaining respect from the "whole" team & not just the defense.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

If Taggart comes back next year he must win at minimum 7 to get another year and if he gets 6 wins it might not be a bad idea to give him a 1-2 year extension but not more than 2 until next season 

• Topic Count:  2,327
  • Content Count:  21,277
  • Days Won:  10

If we go to a bowl, he recruiting will be much improved over last year.  Let him have 1 more year.   

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

this except it shouldn't be offered until after next year is over, but that's just my opinion

Offering an extension before it was earned was what killed our budget with Holtz.

• Upvote 2