• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'm impressed by the effort and I hope the guys aren't too banged up from Navy, that game turned into a brawl as the game went on due to all the non calls for targeting and PI, and I think some of those penalties could have been against us.  Then to top it off our DB gets a flag for basically nothing to seal our fate.  Basically this was a stupid game and I hope our players can move past it.  We still have an opportunity to be an above average team this year and get people pumped up for our run next year with a lot of experienced players in this system.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

That Navy game could have gone either way. That freaking offense of theirs is very annoying.  Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

It's all about USF football as a program. I think from the start of the year until now, we have improved quite a bit and are watchable now. And I think we stand to have a good shot at making a bowl, more like 65%.

I wish it were year two under CWT and not year 3. He basically wasted last year.

Now, the team is looking better. And we have a legitimate QB.

Are we a bad football team? No, not anymore. But are we good? I don't think so. Pretty average.

Yes, there are flashes on both the offense and the defense, but then the drop off is pretty steep.

Look at special teams. It's the epitome of this team. In one play, they return the kickoff for a TD. Later, they fumble the kickoff when it really mattered.

You add excellent plays to awful plays and you get a pretty average team. Offense, Defense and Special Teams, and coaching, too, all in the same predicament.

And if they don't clean things up, they will return to terrible very quickly...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Other perspective is we haven't won a game we weren't supposed to win since Cincinnati in 2013. I am not impressed by wins over UConn and SMU which are teams we were able to beat last year and are recovering from some historically bad seasons. Staying ahead of those teams is the absolute minimum expectation given the recruiting advantages of our program. With that said I do believe we have moved into the middle tier in the conference (with teams like ECU and Cincy) while we were in the bottom tier the past couple years. We may not be ready to beat the top tier in the conference yet, but we should be beating 4 win ECU and 5 win Cincinnati at home at this point. These 2 games will be very key for Taggart. Winning one of the two (and obviously beating UCF) is the absolute minimum that is acceptable in the 3rd full year of the rebuild. Win both and have a good bowl showing to get to 8 wins and we may be ready for a big next step in 2016. Finish with 5 wins and we are looking for a new coach.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  55
  • Days Won:  0

Even with the lost to Navy if we win out and Temple loses to Memphis we win the east. Guys need to refocus, get healthy and Coach T open things back up on Offense. Defense will be angry after this game. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Even with the lost to Navy if we win out and Temple loses to Memphis we win the east. Guys need to refocus, get healthy and Coach T open things back up on Offense. Defense will be angry after this game. 

still a slim chance to be the skunks of the AAC

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

That Navy game could have gone either way. That freaking offense of theirs is very annoying. 

Agree...annoying in the sense that it consistently freaking tore our bullsharks a new one...esp that QB. Yes, very annoying.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Just re watched the game.  Our defense hit Navy hard.  We knocked a lot of their players silly.  Every pass QF threw was on target and catchable. Pull in a few drops and don't fumble the kick return and we win.  Disappointed we couldn't get any running game going though.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Just re watched the game.  Our defense hit Navy hard.  We knocked a lot of their players silly.  Every pass QF threw was on target and catchable. Pull in a few drops and don't fumble the kick return and we win.  Disappointed we couldn't get any running game going though.

Where are you watching it? Did you record it?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

DVR'd the game