• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Taggart be fired if we fail to get to 6 wins?

If we finish 4-7 or 4-8, should we fire Coach Taggart?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

If Taggart can't get 6 wins, in 3 years he may have I think only 1 win over a team with a winning record. 3 years with some of USF'S worst losses in history and not a single win over a good team except a fluke over cincy. 

It's pretty obvious the players are talented, he has no excuse for losing the rest of the games and only beating UCF. A 3 game win streak isn't enough. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

We need to beat UCF, no question

But, we also should beat ECU. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

He's earned the right to coach out the season right now but nothing more. We have ECU next week, and they are beatable. 

I said this before the game. We have to go bowling, period. The program needs some continuity. I would hate to have to fire Taggart in such a crowded market. I'm sure Harlan has a list, but he may have to go deep down the list to find a guy. 

So for God's sake Taggart, get to a bowl and remove all doubt. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It's too much like on the job training. Even with 6, I'd start looking for an experienced winner from P5.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Tough one.  I think yes, but agree that it depends on what the losses look like.  

I think ECU will be winnable, but tough coming off their loss to UConn.  Taggart has taken at least 2 winnable scenarios and turned then into losses this year, so we'll see.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If we get the two games we need to go bowling CWT stays for the 2016-2017 season.  After that ????

For 12  of our 19 football seasons we have won 6 or more games.  

Under Leavitt in 1979 we were 5-6 and in 2004 we were 4-7.

We need not, I think, discuss where we have been since 2010 (our last bowl game with Leavitt's players under Holtz).

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Ok,something to think about, are the players we have waiting in the wings going to be that much better next year, given who we will lose to make that much of a difference. 

I am not trying to get ahead of myself  really just trying to look at the big picture  which I think would go into a coaching decision.  If we only get 5 wins, what would the expectations for next year be?  Would we be happy just getting 6 wins, 7 wins next year? 

We lose Thor and Bryn, Price, Pope and Adams.  Are first year starters going to make that much of a difference to make a big jump in wins?

Lose some productive players on defense also. Same question.

So we are left with the question of if Taggart only gets 5 wins, is it the players skill level and inexperience keeping us where we are or is it coaching and can a different coach make a difference with the level of talent we have?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

If USF gets 5 wins he stays

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

If USF gets 5 wins he stays

you are over simplifying the decision. A fifth win against an 0-12 UCF, but we tank in the other 3 because of reverting to the boring offense of yesterday and the first few games doesn't bring him back.

We are good enough to get 6 wins and I think we will, but the team has to be prepared. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

you are over simplifying the decision. A fifth win against an 0-12 UCF, but we tank in the other 3 because of reverting to the boring offense of yesterday and the first few games doesn't bring him back.

We are good enough to get 6 wins and I think we will, but the team has to be prepared. 

I have to disagree. I thought the navy game was one of the more exciting football games I have watched this year. It was frustrating yes, but not boring.