• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Taggart be fired if we fail to get to 6 wins?

If we finish 4-7 or 4-8, should we fire Coach Taggart?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Tough decision that I wouldn't want to make.

IF we go 5-7, his record improved every year, and both the offense and defense have shown great improvement this year. We will owe him (and Skippy) money if we fired him and started over. Also, we won't be high on any coaches list with all the open jobs available.

Again, very tough but I think he would come back, just due to financial reasons.

But, we will get 6 wins so it's moot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Wait, I voted about Taggurt. Can I vote again for Taggirt?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,076

I think Willie goes if we don't win six games but I hope we get there cause I wanna see this offense next season with Woulard at QB and Mack, Flowers and Johnson at RB.  Flowers as a RB who can throw, playing with Woulard could be a game changer.

Edited by jg233

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

I think Willie goes if we don't win six games but I hope we get there cause I wanna see this offense next season with Woulard at QB and Mack, Flowers and Johnson at RB.  Flowers as a RB who can throw, playing with Woulard could be a game changer.

I thought at the beginning of the season that woullard would definitely become the starter next year, but dang, flowers is getting really good and as long as he keeps improving his passing game it's gonna be a tough call next year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

I thought at the beginning of the season that woullard would definitely become the starter next year, but dang, flowers is getting really good and as long as he keeps improving his passing game it's gonna be a tough call next year.

I really hope Asanti can beat out Flowers. If not then we are in trouble.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

If he can't get 6 wins he should definately be fired.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just thinking about it a bit more, if we only get 5 wins, maybe one question to ask would be did we win more games because the coaching was better this year or were the wins only over teams where we had better athletes than the competition and they were just more experienced and the extra year allowed them to mature physically. 

In other words, will a different coach be able to organize, gameplan and create a better product on the field?  

Essentially the same players on defense as last year, but the new coach/scheme has made a difference.  

I really don't know if Taggart is making a difference either way.  Recruiting is where he made a difference  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He's safe with 6 wins. No way you can fire him if he gets us to a bowl, no matter what the 6 losses look like.

5-7 with a win over UCF and it'll be a tough call. Especially if our offense is anemic in some of those remaining losses.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

He's safe with 6 wins. No way you can fire him if he gets us to a bowl, no matter what the 6 losses look like.

5-7 with a win over UCF and it'll be a tough call. Especially if our offense is anemic in some of those remaining losses.

This

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

It's bowl or bust. Ucf looks like a very easy win, and so should not be much of a factor