• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF Post Navy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

QF played a good game today.  If he keeps it up I will happily eat some crow.  Most of his passes were pretty sharp and a couple were amazing.  Probably could have a had a better completion percentage due to a a few legit drops.  He did not take off and run as much, which I think is a plus for him.  Not sure what was happening with the D or Mack, but the triple option is not what we see every week and I am still not sure how good we are because of it.  Adams is legit, and I think we beat UCF and ECU to get to 6, anything else is gravy.  That will be 2 wins better than my prediction and make for a reasonably good season, considering.

We have made progress, hopefully wins will follow.  I think CWT gets another year, seeing what he has put together.    

My Christmas wish, for USF to play a game and not hear UCF mentioned in any way.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,108
  • Days Won:  6

QF played a good game today.  If he keeps it up I will happily eat some crow.  Most of his passes were pretty sharp and a couple were amazing.  Probably could have a had a better completion percentage due to a a few legit drops.  He did not take off and run as much, which I think is a plus for him.  Not sure what was happening with the D or Mack, but the triple option is not what we see every week and I am still not sure how good we are because of it.  Adams is legit, and I think we beat UCF and ECU to get to 6, anything else is gravy.  That will be 2 wins better than my prediction and make for a reasonably good season, considering.

We have made progress, hopefully wins will follow.  I think CWT gets another year, seeing what he has put together.    

My Christmas wish, for USF to play a game and not hear UCF mentioned in any way.  

I am surprised I have not read more about Flower's play from yesterday.  (Maybe I am not caught up yet.)

I think QF might have been banged up from the last game but I was very pleased how he kept many plays alive with his feet and continued to look down field and not take off.  He was definitely pass first yesterday.  He has the makings of being a very dangerous QB in my opinion.  I do not think he is even closed to being done developing.  He seems to get better every game.

If he can be a pass first dual threat that can make things happen with his legs (which he obviously can) he is going to be real special for us.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He continues to improve as a passer, I'm happy about that. At least a couple of mismatched situations yesterday were ignored, but I honestly don't know if he has the latitude to change up the play at the line if he sees that. If so, he still has some growing to do on reads at the line. I just hope we have the right guys to help him there.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

He continues to improve as a passer, I'm happy about that. At least a couple of mismatched situations yesterday were ignored, but I honestly don't know if he has the latitude to change up the play at the line if he sees that. If so, he still has some growing to do on reads at the line. I just hope we have the right guys to help him there.

If not he has A LOT of growing to convince coaches he should be allowed to throw to an uncovered receiver when the formation presents! There is a difference between an experienced QB who has the authority to option out of or to a run play and allowing a QB to throw to an obviously missed coverage.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,108
  • Days Won:  6

Yea, I noticed that on one play on the 3 yard line we had two guys only being covered by one defender.  We ran the ball on that play which was a mistake but he might not have had the latitude to make a change.  That one be the next step in his development.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yea, I noticed that on one play on the 3 yard line we had two guys only being covered by one defender.  We ran the ball on that play which was a mistake but he might not have had the latitude to make a change.  That one be the next step in his development.

It's either that or he just didn't recognize it.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

He also pump faked and looked off defenders more than once...no doubt the kid is developing.  Still not a consistent passer, but with his ability to avoid TFL, that may almost be a wash.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

By the way, the pass to McCants that was dropped was a little high, but he put it in over the LB and in front of the DBs. Was a nice pass.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

It's either that or he just didn't recognize it.

CWT mentioned missed reads and that could have been one. There was one also, I think, after the Navy penalty gave us new life after the missed fg where QF pulled the ball back from Mack and stumbled forward for only a yard or two where it looked there was some blocking set up outside ...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Sideline has to get the plays in faster.  Got called for delay of game and almost happened more than once.  It's just stupid.

• Upvote 1