• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Why did we lose?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We lost because Navy was the better team today. Execution is part of being a good team. Right now, we're not. 

THIS! So much this. The plays were there for us to win the game but we didn't execute and take advantage. However, this is exactly the kind of losses that I expect to see from a team that is still young across the two deep. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,696
  • Days Won:  2

Is an 80% QF better than a 100% Steven Bench? Just thought I'd ask the question. We sat Mack last week when he needed healing.

Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Is an 80% QF better than a 100% Steven Bench?

Based on what I've seen lately, yes he is.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

On 10/31/2015, 11:41:55, JTrue said:

We lost because Navy was the better team today. Execution is part of being a good team. Right now, we're not. 

THIS! So much this. The plays were there for us to win the game but we didn't execute and take advantage. However, this is exactly the kind of losses that I expect to see from a team that is still young across the two deep. 

Have to agree with this. The Navy coach has run his offense for years, the SENIOR QB runs it perfectly. We're in the first year of this offense and defense. 

I think Flowers would be better than the Navy QB in this offense because I THINK he can throw better.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We lost because:

1)  Injuries to Flowers and Mack.  If they're both 100%, I think we win.  They had no explosiveness.  Taking those 2 away just kills us.  I know you're not supposed to use injuries as an excuse, but it was a factor, and a big one.

2)  Obviously failure to adjust and scheme correctly to stop the triple option.

3)  Dropped passes...again (McCants on the pass from Flowers was a big one)

4) Turnover at the worst time (Adams)

5) Penalties which killed out drives or extended Navy's (especially the one on Navy's last drive in which we had stopped them).

Plus, Navy is just tough and good.  You have to play flawless ball, or close to it to beat them. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Navy had more passing yards against Tulane then running yards,a first for navy. I would gladly match USF athletes in the defensive secondary one-on-one to stop Navy's time consuming,physically taxing Running game. Also USF had less than 9 min in TOP in the second half

Again CWT regressed back on his play calling maybe because  QF was not 100%.  But if that's the case don't let him play if you have handcuff you offence.

this offence will not go unless  defenses respect the QB. All I'm saying is in Saturday's loss USF had that opportunity if they would've thrown more play action on first down.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I felt like the main reasons we lost were (1) dropped passes that we needed badly, (2) predictable play calling (run, run, run), and (3) unbelievably awful officiating. I'm not the type that looks to bring up officiating as truly having a bearing on a game, but I was just jaw-dropped stupefied by the missed PI, chops, & holding calls--it did not go both ways.

I won't blame the awful officiating for our loss in this one. We had plenty of opportunities to sneak one out of Annapolis, and you can't do that by whiffing on two FG's, coughing up a kick return in the 4th qtr., getting unsportsmanlike conduct called against you in the 4th qtr., and allowing three different Navy players to rush for 100+ yards each on you. We have an experienced team, but they're still fighting on the field. We could be inexperienced, like that team out east, and totally getting shafted without lube every game. I'll take this bitter loss as progress.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I won't blame the awful officiating for our loss in this one. We had plenty of opportunities to sneak one out of Annapolis, and you can't do that by whiffing on two FG's, coughing up a kick return in the 4th qtr., getting unsportsmanlike conduct called against you in the 4th qtr., and allowing three different Navy players to rush for 100+ yards each on you.

My reasons were focused mostly on offense, but I completely agree you can't let a team beast you out with 400+ on the ground. I don't want to push officiating as if to make excuses for the other glaring things we did wrong. I just feel lax if I don't mention it as a contributing factor--anything that can change momentum in the game like that is fair IMO.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Navy had more passing yards against Tulane then running yards,a first for navy. I would gladly match USF athletes in the defensive secondary one-on-one to stop Navy's time consuming,physically taxing Running game. Also USF had less than 9 min in TOP in the second half

Again CWT regressed back on his play calling maybe because  QF was not 100%.  But if that's the case don't let him play if you have handcuff you offence.

this offence will not go unless  defenses respect the QB. All I'm saying is in Saturday's loss USF had that opportunity if they would've thrown more play action on first down.

You are correct. Not throwing enough on first down was a killer.